Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just bought my first 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
last337
Well I finally did it! After years and years of wanting one I have finally purchased my very own 914! 1973 2.0. It appears to have a single carb conversion (which I have mixed feelings about). I am not really sure what else has been updated or converted on the car but I am looking forward to getting into it and seeing what else is there.

I know this will be a fun car to own, drive, and work on (which from what I can tell will be an ongoing thing). I have been working on cars my whole life but never owned or worked on a Porsche so I am sure you can expect a lot more posts from me in the near future biggrin.gif

I am expecting delivery this weekend and I cant wait!

Click to view attachment
saigon71
Good looking car! Congrats on your purchase and

welcome.png
76-914
Your in deep stromberg.gif now. welcome.png Where is the car from? Any rust issues that your aware of?
JStroud
Nice car! welcome.png

Jeff
carr914
welcome.png
JawjaPorsche
Welcome to the Madness! Get your checkbook ready!

welcome.png
URY914
Nice car. Post more pics. Welcome beerchug.gif
wingnut86
welcome.png
Cairo94507
Welcome to the group. I looked at the pictures in the eBay add. Before you drive that car or start it, please check the fuel filter hanging down under the car. In the picture it appears to be dripping something. Hopefully it is water from being washed....but just in case make sure it is not gasoline. A lot of these car end up catching fire due to bad or improper fuel line installation.
boogie_man
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Dec 4 2012, 07:27 AM) *

welcome.png

Welcome to the craziness
Chris Pincetich
Avoid the car-BQ and make sure there are absolutely no leaks in the fuel system beerchug.gif
Then, driving.gif smash.gif welder.gif sunglasses.gif
welcome.png
Socalandy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 4 2012, 08:07 AM) *

Welcome to the group. I looked at the pictures in the eBay add. Before you drive that car or start it, please check the fuel filter hanging down under the car. In the picture it appears to be dripping something. Hopefully it is water from being washed....but just in case make sure it is not gasoline. A lot of these car end up catching fire due to bad or improper fuel line installation.

welcome.png I agree blink.gif and its a great looking car!!
Sea Dragon 914
Looks like you got a good deal on the car. For that price, I'd be willing to add another 2.0 to my stable. Of course, it would mean I wouldn't be married anymore and half my stable would be taken away from me.

Have fun. They're great cars. I can't believe I've been driving them for almost 30 years now. blink.gif
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 4 2012, 08:07 AM) *
I looked at the pictures in the eBay add. Before you drive that car or start it, please check the fuel filter hanging down under the car. In the picture it appears to be dripping something.

agree.gif
last337
Thanks for the warm welcome! I see the spot you guys are referring to and have heard of the fuel line/filter installation problems. Which areas should I check prior to driving and what tend to be the causes for leaks?

Thanks!
NORD

welcome.png Nice car

Someone once said, If you buy a new 914 and it is running, drive it to the
parts store and get some Jack stands, you'll probably need them.

Gint
Nice! welcome.png
Dr Evil
welcome.png
Hammy
Looks like a nice car. welcome.png
First time I've seen speakers installed in the backpad like that. idea.gif
aharder
welcome.png It's only Money av-943.gif av-943.gif
jersey914
welcome.png

Hope you brought your spare wallet.. beerchug.gif
Joe Owensby
Congrats. Enjoy your pretty car.
last337
Just wanted to thank you guys again and let you know based on your recommendations I called a guy I met at the track from a local shop here and his shop will look over the car for about $100 and give me a good idea of what needs to be done first, second, etc.

Like I said I am actually very excited about tooling with this car a lot (which I know will be quite often). However, based on everyone here's feedback I think it best to get a pro to look it over to ensure things are safe and the car is roadworthy as I begin to learn more about this car and tackle things on my own.

Thanks again for looking out and the warm welcome to the community!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.