Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of wheels are these on my new parts car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Picking up a parts car in the next week or so. It's a 1976 with fiberglass flares. Engine (dual Webers) was supposedly rebuilt 5K miles ago. Body is too rusty to repair.

Phil W found the car; however, he passed on it! Smarter man than me... rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'll be parting out the car in a few weeks. The one question I have is what are these wheels? The car had been used for autocross and are very wide...especially the rear. Any ideas on what they are and their worth?

IPB Image

IPB Image
SirAndy
They kind of look like centerline wheels that someone drilled some venting holes into ...
idea.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 4 2012, 07:00 PM) *

They kind of look like centerline wheels that someone drilled some venting holes into ...
idea.gif

I didn't pull them off to see if there were any markings. Will do that after I get it home. He supposedly paid $3K for the rims and tires some years ago.
914Eric
A parts car and a Boxter. wub.gif
SirAndy
My old centerline wheels:

IPB Image
billh1963
QUOTE(914Eric @ Dec 4 2012, 08:12 PM) *

The Boxster belongs to Phil W! biggrin.gif
billh1963
They do look like centerlines that have been modified. Guess I'll put them on ebay and see what they are worth!
914Sixer
One thing for sure, they were special made. Look at the width and the offset with racing PINK centers.
carr914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 4 2012, 08:29 PM) *

One thing for sure, they were special made. Look at the width and the offset with racing PINK centers.

I think Erc would be a Buyer for any Pink Wheels
URY914
Are they three piece or fake three piece?
scotty b
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 4 2012, 08:09 PM) *

hissyfit.gif THEY'RE SALMON !!! hissyfit.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 5 2012, 07:17 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 4 2012, 08:09 PM) *

hissyfit.gif THEY'RE SALMON !!! hissyfit.gif

We had a guy in our bug club with a totally custom trailer queen, at the shows you would hear the all ladies "Oh look at the pretty pink bug!", you would hear him grumbling in the background "It's magenta." dry.gif

biggrin.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 5 2012, 07:05 AM) *

Are they three piece or fake three piece?

Don't know...will know more in a week or two when I pick it up.

Not paying much for it. Need to get ScottyB a rear trunk lid and bought it for that. I figured that everything after that was a bonus! Will try to start the engine and see if it runs. If it only has 5K miles on it per the seller's claim I'll go from there!
bulitt
Any adapters on the hub? Such as 914 to Chevy?
billh1963
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 5 2012, 11:19 AM) *

As I said...no idea at this point.....
ldsgeek
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 5 2012, 08:19 AM) *

Nope. Pictures show 4x130 bolt pattern.
matthepcat
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 5 2012, 08:19 AM) *

Brings back nightmares of the Chevy wheels that came on my car.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 4 2012, 08:27 PM) *

QUOTE(914Eric @ Dec 4 2012, 08:12 PM) *

The Boxster belongs to Phil W! biggrin.gif

Yep! I stopped by to take a look at this thing, a fellow local car club member that works at the same navy hospital as i do gave the the number and location of this poor rust bucket-

and since i have no room at this time( i would have to get rid if the Boxster and that is not happening, or the copper 914) i figured "now who would take this thing of the poor soul's hands?" and of course i thought of you, Bill!! since you just cleared out the other 3!

The story goes that the owner is a brick and stone installer did lots of work for his brother-in-law and was given the car in return. Brought it east from CA and from NC down to SC. owner parked the car outside and in a couple years of not being covered , our wonderful salt air, rain etc ate thru the trunk and floors !

Any way supposedly originally was in So Cal, maybe someone here may remember it. I am sure other than wheels, engine and transmission, and maybe the trunk lids, glass etc, it is on its way to the trash heap!

Good Luck Bill !!

PS you are welcome -

maybe Scotty or Eric would like those pink wheels, just add Unicorns!! blink.gif lol-2.gif

billh1963
Phil is right...it is rustier than it looks. Will be a shame to see another '76 go to the scrap heap
URY914
A VW guy will want those wheels. If they are 8" or 9" they're worth something to someone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.