Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: American Hotrod...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I was watching American Hotrod this evening and they were building the junkyard dog. Did anyone else see that episode? They were reassembling the car and were installing the fuel lines...anyway, they were using some sort of black flexiable fuel line with fittings (appeared to be AN-type) on the ends. Does anyone know anything about these types of lines?

-Britain
SpecialK
Saw the episode, I think it was like a '55 or '56 Cheby.........can't recall the part about the fuel lines though, I've got acute CRS syndrome! slap.gif
hargray2
Yeah I saw that line and fitting but that may not have even been the fuel line
with the way they edit those shows.
ws91420
The fuel lines they used were made for the fuel injection system. They probaly had the quick connectors like you would find connecting the fuel filter on Ford or Chevy.
Brett W
You know, as gay as most of that show is, I could not stop watching those guys that fabricated the body of the aluminum roadster. That was one of the most fascinating episodes they have done. Coach building is on of the lost arts. I would love to learn all of that stuff.
John Kelly
Hi Brett,

If the show were actually gay, I think they might be more funny, and less macho/stupid/mean-spirited...just my take.

If you want to learn coach-building or metalshaping, there are tons of online resources, videos etc....all it really takes is the desire, and the stubborness to keep going.

Pick up a mallet and start pounding. And check out:

www.metalshapers.org and www.metalmeet.com

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
John Kelly
Hi again Brett,

They had a huge metalshaping event last year in Huntsville, and there are probably local guys who give lessons as I do. I can check into it for you if you like.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
hargray2
I always enjoy American Hot-Rod. Definitely not gay.

The most ridiculous show on right now has to be CCR on SPEED channel. I despise that show! ar15.gif ar15.gif finger.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif bootyshake.gif :finger2: :finger2: And that DAMN music they play during the whole friggin' thing!! headbang.gif headbang.gif finger.gif I hate CCR!
Joe Ricard
Last episode of CCR I saw thew Jack ass was driving a Signal Orange Teener Looked like a repeat as they were only half way done with Super van.
Brett W
Yeah if I remember correctly they got together and hand formes all of the panels to restore an early sixties Indy car and sold it at auction. I didn't see it but I would have liked to.

As soon as I get back into the race car fab I will be doing some panel forming. Juts gotta get some of these other projects finished.
Brad Roberts
Britain,

We will use Porsche factory BLACK plastic lines in your car. Order them for a 92 C2. They are not that expensive.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.