Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what next?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joshporsche
I'm in the process of getting my recently purchased porsche in order. I changed the oil and put new gas in the gas tank. I've tried to start the car, it cranks over but no start. the back end is up on ramps, would that effect starting it? Also the motor is leaking like crazy right next to the oil filter but on the engine block. Maybe from a screw right there but i can't see. I just put in a new battery, so where do i begin to diagnose the starting problem?
skline
I would resolve the oil leak before I went too far. Check the seals on the oil cooler. As for the starting problem, check the normal things first like spark, then verify you are getting fuel, is it carbed or FI? It all makes a difference in diagnostics
JoeSharpOld
Josh: What is it? Does it have spark, fuel pressure, compression? Is it timed correctly? Where do you start? In the begining. biggrin.gif
Joe
P.S. Check all grounds.
brp914
Re: The oil leak: There are oil galley plugs all over the engine. 2 are right next to the oil cooler. I had one pop out once. I would not describe it as a leak tho, more like a Texas oil gusher. If that has happened, that engine needs to come apart and be tapped and plugged. Also the 4 in back behind the flywheel.
jet1
Hi,
I would check all the fuel lines for leaks. in the engine area and under the car. this may not be your start problem, but both my 914's had very bad gas leaks when I bought them. the first 914 that I owned caught fire from bad fuel lines.

Good luck,
Keith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.