Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: getting the metal part of dash out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Alphaogre
I got the two padded parts of the dash out, and the gauges. But it seems that the metal portion is spot welded on to the cab? confused24.gif

I have seen pics of every aspect of the dash out so im just wondering how you go about doing that and how you would get it back on....

Also, if any one has any recommendations on places that fix/ rebuild gauges I have a tac and speedo that need to get working again.

Its a 1970 914-4 1.7 in the San Diego area.

Thanks!
914itis
Yes the metal part can come out, it looks as it is welded bit not. There are 3 bolts that nedda to be removed from the from trunk behind the fresh air blower (pita) and 2 on the each side of the door jamb . I think that there is also some under the steering rack .

Click to view attachment
McMark
Just pulled mine out yesterday so it's fresh on my mind.

1. Four nuts (10mm wrench) accessible from the gas tank/airbox area in the front trunk.
2. One bolt (10mm wrench) accessible from under the dash.
3. Four screws (7mm wrench), two on either side of the dash. Knee pad must be removed first.
4. One bolt (10mm wrench) which holds the heater control knobs to the chassis.

You must also disconnect the heater control cables from either the knobs or from the control boxes in the front trunk. You may be able to leave the heater control hanging free, but I'm not sure on that.
Alphaogre
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 6 2012, 10:38 AM) *

Just pulled mine out yesterday so it's fresh on my mind.

1. Four nuts (10mm wrench) accessible from the gas tank/airbox area in the front trunk.
2. One bolt (10mm wrench) accessible from under the dash.
3. Four screws (7mm wrench), two on either side of the dash. Knee pad must be removed first.
4. One bolt (10mm wrench) which holds the heater control knobs to the chassis.

You must also disconnect the heater control cables from either the knobs or from the control boxes in the front trunk. You may be able to leave the heater control hanging free, but I'm not sure on that.

Awesome, so they are bolts, I go the door and the lower one but the upper ones seemed to be pressed in or spot welded since I did not feel anything on top of them.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.