Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cruising at 151 mph on the Autobahn in a RS America
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
Just uploaded this video. You can hear the engine climbing to 6000 rpm. Sweet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2010-2011_eur...57632188358522/

I was at the Nurburgring and going to my friends party in Luxembourg. Made it in good time.

Plans to go back for another 1 1/2 years are moving right along.

Later, Don
tscrihfield
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Dec 6 2012, 06:01 PM) *

I was at the Nurburgring and going to my friends party in Luxembourg. Made it in good time.

Later, Don

aktion035.gif

Love it! Did you get to visit Porsche classic?

Thomas
kevin311
Awesome! I saw you drive by me in Adenau in may and missed you, maybe next time I'll meet you. We are planning to go back in late 2013 or 2014. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
Notice how people stay to the right and only use the left lane for passing and use their blinkers to indicate a lane change?

Man, i miss driving in Germany ...
dry.gif
ellisor3
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 6 2012, 07:00 PM) *

Notice how people stay to the right and only use the left lane for passing and use their blinkers to indicate a lane change?

dry.gif

What do you mean Andy, our residents here in Florida do that. Well, they keep their turn signal on all the time and drive 35 in the right hand lane, but that is just being picky. happy11.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Dec 6 2012, 04:22 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 6 2012, 07:00 PM) *

dry.gif

What do you mean Andy, our residents here in Florida do that. Well, they keep their turn signal on all the time and drive 35 in the right hand lane, but that is just being picky. happy11.gif

Yup. They're goin' 35 all right, and passing on the right.

The Cap'n
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 6 2012, 04:00 PM) *

dry.gif

The nicest thing about driving in Germany is... People in Germany actually know how to drive. beerchug.gif laugh.gif
914Sixer
I will never forget the many times that I cruised the autobahn in 70-71 in the 67 911S I had when I was stationed in Germany. I thought I was bad ass until a Ferrari flashed his lights for me to get over. Time for a beer stop any way.
Dasnowman
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 6 2012, 07:35 PM) *

I will never forget the many times that I cruised the autobahn in 70-71 in the 67 911S I had when I was stationed in Germany. I thought I was bad ass until a Ferrari flashed his lights for me to get over. Time for a beer stop any way.

I got pulled over in Canada for flashing my high beams because someone was doing 10 under the speed limit in the fast lane! Freakin cost me $110 meanwhile I think the guy in front of me should have received the ticket for not keeping right except to pass.
DEC
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 7 2012, 02:53 AM) *

dry.gif

The nicest thing about driving in Germany is... People in Germany actually know how to drive. beerchug.gif laugh.gif

agree.gif but we have also stupid drivers with fast cars and less control about
their cars

In Germany it is not otherwise like in the US or RoW but a bit more disciplined
because we have high valued punishments for right lane passing and lane changes
without indicating this.
DonTraver
I love driving in Europe.

Got to say it, the worst drivers, the US. Drivers in Europe actually pay attention and drive. I've never had to flash anyone to get out of the way. I've had to slow down because I was going a lot faster than them but then they move over. Curtious drivers, what a concept.

The car I saw most in my rear view mirror, Audi A5's. I'm going 150+ and a station wagon wants to pass me, what? They did too, I think they said 3.0 TDI on them. Really surprised me, they were fast, I kept up with one and we were doing over 160. I was impressed with them, they were real sleepers.

Best roads Spain, even the secondary roads were just about pothole, patch, and rut free. The secondary roads were also nice and twisty and pretty much empty, you could just cruise or get a little hot in the corners while out Castle hunting.

Just thinking about Europe has got me homesick for a suitcase, hotel room, RS America, and a open road. Damn, I gotta go back.

computers4kids
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Dec 6 2012, 03:01 PM) *

Later, Don

Thanks for sharing...although, I must admit I was hoping you were in a 914.
maxwelj
I had my 914/6 in Germany during 1970 and 1971, Made plenty of trips around Mannheim and Heidelberg at 110+. Did find the top end at an indicated 142 in 4th gear. It wouldn't pull 5th. Most memorable drive in terms of speed was a run from Kaiserslautern to Mannheim late at night after a battalion party. Other 2 people in the car were asleep, so to stay awake, I put the car in the middle of the road (it got pretty narrow at speed i the dark) and the pedal down. Yes, we were young, indestructible, and stupid.
Eric_Shea
911's are fantastic road cars. Looking at those two headlight/fenders reminds me of that "it fits like a glove" feel you get when you become one with your 911. The drop of the hood in between the two gives you a direct connection with the road in front of you.

Two for me please... one vintage 911 and one vintage 914. Life's good.
zymurgist
Very Cool! driving.gif
Drums66
That P-car whirrrrr, cool man!!!! shades.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif(Porsche, full house)
krazykonrad
Thanks for the video. No that is what Porsche is all about! beerchug.gif

Konrad
Gint
Thanks for the video Don!
ConeDodger

dry.gif

My wife says it's the Asian lane and the blinker means she is going around the world to the left... WTF.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.