Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer Cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pjf
I'm back to my restoration and was looking at the speedometer cable from the underside of the tunnel after removing the floor pan. I'd like to pull it out of there and then put it back in once the bodywork is done but not sure how to snake it through the tunnel once the floor pan is back on AND it looks like both ends are too large to fit through. I haven't looked closely at either end to see if the end pieces are removable. Can the speedometer cable be removed now and put back later??
balljoint
Don't you know aboot the 5 HP gain from dropping the speedo drive?

Pull it, it won't be a problem later to put a new one in if you must have one. They sell replacements don't they?

You can always use a GPS to gauge your speed or just calculate your own speed in your head based on the tach unsure.gif and the gear you're in and your tire size.

You can do a search on this too.

Just make sure you search the garage.

Not the sandbox.
tdgray
Actually I almost always use my GPS in my "other" cars.... I doubt highly that any of thier speedos are accurate.
balljoint
I'm just gonna go ahead and move this to the garage for you.
tdgray
WOW Dave.... your magic biggrin.gif
pjf
Thanks for moving this thread. I ended up pulling the cable from the rear. The front end of the cable fits through the opening in the firewall after all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.