Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What have I done?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschefile2010
Click to view attachmentI have just got my 914 back from the painters after bare metalling it at home here. So I have been staedily putting things back together.
On the left hand side the car has had a prang at some stage so the eyebrow in front of the light needs to be glued in on the outer edge. Won't go in to the reasons.
However, I had everything in place to check that nothing was out of place. when I switched the lights off the light caught the eyebrow briefly with a heavy click so I knew the eyebrow would need to be pushed forward a few mm.
BUT. Now the lights won't work. Tail lights and number plate are ok, but there is no light at the front. The motors andthe lights are dead.
Checkedthe fuses under the dash and they seem to be all ok.
Can anyone tell me if there is an inline fuse somewhere that might have popped when the motor overloaded as the light caught the eyebrow.
OR are there any other reasons that ssuddenly neither motor, left or right won't work.
Bad picture follows. The car is coming on really well other than this setback. Tidying up small annoying hassles like handbrake etc on the way. The car had two repaints on it and is now back to original L97B.
Any clues to the light problem would be appreciated.
Black22
Did you check the relays near the headlight motors? Seems odd that both would go at the same time.

How about the headlight relay on top of the fuse panel you checked?
porschefile2010
Thanks Mike. Just worked it out and feel really stupid. Turning the key on helps!. To keep them up so i can work on them I just disconnect the battery and then must have turned the key off as well.
VaccaRabite
There is a way easier way to do that.
Turn on the lights and just pull the relay. No more closing lights.
And way less chance of sparking something when you disconnect and reconnect the battery.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.