Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I get a some input on repairing the engine mount?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
I was wondering if I can get some input or BTDT on repairing this engine mount.
Looks like moisture can slip in behind the mount because of the lack of seam sealer at the top. sad.gif sad.gif
The sides that secure the engine seem fine.
Just wondering what other folks have done.

Click to view attachment

nathansnathan
A driver side piece should be in much better shape. The piece that welds to the bottom is different, but besides the filter mount, they are the same, the piece you got there.
mepstein
Scotty B does one on this thread.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...183248&st=0
cary
I thought I remembered one. But I couldn't find it.
nathansnathan
Mine was not as bad as yours is, but I didn't like the pitting, especially down in the nook between the 2 pieces. On the left is the driver side lower from my parts car, and below, the passenger side lower that I made in progress.
IPB Image

I used the inner bottom from the driver side, too, just had to make the inverse of the part that mounts below the long
IPB Image

This was all months ago. I still need to smooth it out. I can make this look almost seemless with a bit more of the roloc disc.
IPB Image
IPB Image

I need to blast off the final bit of pitting there and fabricate the flange on the lower right there.
IPB Image

I have to take the filter mount off the other and put it on this one, too.
IPB Image

worn
QUOTE(cary @ Dec 7 2012, 04:53 AM) *

Looks like moisture can slip in behind the mount because of the lack of seam sealer at the top. sad.gif sad.gif

I recently removed a couple of them for a 914-6 conversion. It is a '73. The donor car has some rust issues of its own, but I as I remember the mounts were good. You can have em. I am flying to Seattle in a little more than a week and if that helps I can pack them with. I know seattle ain't oregon. welder.gif
worn
QUOTE(cary @ Dec 7 2012, 04:53 AM) *

Hi Cary,
Now I am at a real computer I can show you what I can send.
Here are the two mounts. As expected, pits in the passenger side after sand blasting
Click to view attachment

Here is the pattern and 12 gauge steel for the fix.
Click to view attachment

Now here is a picture of the part welded

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The driver's side isn't rusted enough to worry about. Want em? I am not a pro welder, but they are free. I need to know that you want them before I go to the PO though.

Warren
cary
They would be great.
I'm transferring stores. I'll PM the address on Wednesday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.