Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: markb's old car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vitaminC
The car that markb sold in August is now for sale on ebay (lots of pics), and they are asking $9k.

Seems that it's pretty much as when it was sold here in the summer, except that they have added Weber carbs.

Any thoughts on what this car may need and what a reasonable price might be? Seems like $9k is pretty steep when compared to some other pretty much fully restored cars that are going for ~$10k.
billh1963
It's shown up before...flippers are all over! dry.gif
markyb
QUOTE(vitaminC @ Dec 7 2012, 12:58 PM) *

The car that markb sold in August is now for sale on ebay (lots of pics), and they are asking $9k.

Seems that it's pretty much as when it was sold here in the summer, except that they have added Weber carbs.

Any thoughts on what this car may need and what a reasonable price might be? Seems like $9k is pretty steep when compared to some other pretty much fully restored cars that are going for ~$10k.

Please point me to a fully restored car for around $10k, I've been looking for a year or two and have seen nothing restored close to that price. This is a great price if it's a year and color that you like. I think a nice black "73 just popped on ebay around $12k, probably the only one that I regret not bidding on in the time that I've been looking...
vitaminC
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...now-2liter.html

I think its also in the classifieds here.
shuie
Looks like a great car. The yellow car from Pelican looks awesome too. You cannot restore a trashy one to that level for $10k, I promise.
Ian Stott
That car looks real good, cleaner than mine, which is a 73 2.0 and I wouldn't sell mine for 10 K.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
914werke
QUOTE(markyb @ Dec 7 2012, 05:27 PM) *
Please point me to a fully restored car for around $10k, I've been looking for a year or two and have seen nothing restored close to that price.

And you wont!
A truly "restored" /4 car is gonna cost north of $16K closer to $20.
/6 ... well even more. wacko.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.