opera guy
bottom
opera guy
head
opera guy
here
machina
Nice! smilie_pokal.gif

I wish we could run them without the cooling tin. They look so damn cool stripped down.
newdeal2
It looks nice and clean. What kind of case sealer did you use?

I have my just about ready to install next week. I am getting the engine bay ready...can't wait!
newdeal2
Did you lap the cylinders?
newdeal2
Tell us more...what type of pistons...etc.
Allan
Do I see cracks at the spark plug hole?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Headrage @ Nov 6 2004, 05:17 PM)
Do I see cracks at the spark plug hole?

you do!

john. hope it woorks out sad.gif
Joe Ricard
If'n you don't lap the cylinders in you WILL be sorry. So when did you say you are going to put that motor in?

Bet you still beat Rob's motor for getting completed. Just give me the parts man!!!!!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Nov 6 2004, 05:45 PM)
If'n you don't lap the cylinders in you WILL be sorry.

why?
newdeal2
I lapped mine as a matter of course. It's best to do it so the matting surfaces are nice and true, especially since it's metal to metal. Don't use a gasket, it will leak for sure.
opera guy
QUOTE(newdeal2 @ Nov 6 2004, 03:44 PM)
Tell us more...what type of pistons...etc.

will get a complete list monday or tuesday. i want to be driving it by wednesday.
Brad Roberts
um.. why didnt the head shop weld up the cracks ?? Now they cant do it without re-doing the valve job.

B
Jake Raby
Damn-

Cracked heads and used sodium filled exhaust valves......

Sounds like an early fourth of July to me!

any head shop that lets a set of cracks that big leave their doors needs their damned asses beat!

and people wonder why they have engine problems!!

heat that head up to 350F in an oven and that crack will look like the grand canyon....

Seriously man, thats just not cool....after those cracks are welded the entire head will ned to be remachined- it will tweek the whole thing if not..
MattR
Did you take those heads to rimco?
Jake Raby
It looks like Rimco's work... They are slipping lately!

They will repair anything, but you have to specifically tell them to do so....

I'd rather play Russian Roulette with a half loaded cylinder than use those Sodium filled, USED exhaust valves!
Allan
Hey guys, I just had mine done at rimco and they did a very nice job of finding and repairing all of the cracks. Of course they asked if I wanted it done first but IMHO they did a good job.
rhodyguy
not a happy monday. why should you HAVE to ask rimco to weld them up? shouldn't they at least inform you of the cracking? i'd be pretty upset.

kevin
opera guy
its being repaired before assembly. whew.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.