Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Nine_14
Anybody know the silver 3.2 conversion a long time for sale on craigslist ?

matthepcat
A link might help.
sixaddict
Dude....Craigslist in what city ??

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Dec 7 2012, 03:28 PM) *

A link might help.

sdthomas
This one?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1368582
Gint
I like that one.
bcheney
QUOTE(Scotti @ Dec 7 2012, 10:04 PM) *

oh that's Justin Bieber's car

Pretty nice soundin ride...a great price if the motor checks out to be in good shape....throw a five lug set up on that car and it would take it to the next level.
Nine_14
QUOTE(bcheney @ Dec 8 2012, 05:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Scotti @ Dec 7 2012, 10:04 PM) *

oh that's Justin Bieber's car

Pretty nice soundin ride...a great price if the motor checks out to be in good shape....throw a five lug set up on that car and it would take it to the next level.

Five lug is avaiable in parts. I am wondering that this 914 not getting sold.
I Agree, if the milage is right, only the engine and parts are worth the asked price.
(German prices)
Maybe some welding needed, but this will not eat a lot of $$$
sixaddict
agree.gif
Where's the checkbook ...Honey evilgrin.gif
Nine_14
This car was offered for an amount of 20K $ by westside cars in Germany.
A lot of bugs only for shipping and custom fees.

For registration in germany 5 lug is a must same as 911 calipers/rotors and a roll cage must be installed.

sixaddict
Tell it's not so sad.gif
Very.........interrrresstttinng!
Cairo94507
That silver car seems to be an excellent deal for the price. I wish I had lots and lots of money..... eh the divorce would kill me.
bcheney
After looking closer it really does have some nice components....Patrick Bulkhead engine mount, sideshifter tranny, interior looks to be complete and correct, dash gauges nicely done and presented with fuel in the tach, nice front cooler, modified front valence nice. The only not so nice thing is that oil line routing isn't preferred and doesn't present well...although the aeroquip oil lines are nice. If the motor can be compression and leak checked, clutch feels good and everything electrical functions I would say this is a pretty nice deal. Keep in mind that a good 5 lug conversion can easily set you back
$2-3 depending on how you do it with wheels, tires, calipers, discs and shocks. I just competed my 6 conversion and was very patient collecting parts and watching costs over many years. The total investment in parts without engine was $12K...I kept a running total of everything on a spreadsheet.
vitaminC
I've spoken with the owner and will see it soon. It was converted by GD Racing in 2010. Apparently it smokes a little on startup if it hasn't been run for a while, but is otherwise healthy.
bcheney
QUOTE(vitaminC @ Dec 8 2012, 11:08 AM) *

I've spoken with the owner and will see it soon. It was converted by GD Racing in 2010. Apparently it smokes a little on startup if it hasn't been run for a while, but is otherwise healthy.

Smoke at start up on a 3.2 is common...usually means valve guides are worn a bit.
EdwardBlume
I talked to the owner months ago when I was actively looking. Ask how many miles it has on the motor.
vitaminC
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 8 2012, 02:31 PM) *

I talked to the owner months ago when I was actively looking. Ask how many miles it has on the motor.

It's listed in the ad: 170k motor from an '89 Speedster.
Nine_14
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 8 2012, 03:45 PM) *

That silver car seems to be an excellent deal for the price. I wish I had lots and lots of money..... eh the divorce would kill me.

That´s why i placed it here.
carr914
QUOTE(bcheney @ Dec 8 2012, 10:50 AM) *

The total investment in parts without engine was $12K...I kept a running total of everything on a spreadsheet.

Note to all People on this Forum - don't ever let spouses to see Speadsheets or you will never see her spead out on the sheets if you get my drift confused24.gif

I wonder if the motor came out of the Speedster that Canepa put a 962 motor into idea.gif
Low Miles
He sent me a lot of photos. There is rust and the long on the drivers side has been replaced. The passenger side has been hit and repaired poorly. The parts are worth the asking price. If someone had a nice shell to swap this could be a good car.

I am still in the market for a clean 6.
Nine_14
QUOTE(Low Miles @ Dec 17 2012, 05:11 PM) *

He sent me a lot of photos. There is rust and the long on the drivers side has been replaced. The passenger side has been hit and repaired poorly. The parts are worth the asking price. If someone had a nice shell to swap this could be a good car.

I am still in the market for a clean 6.

Good to know. Remembering that this 914 has been offert for 30K in US$ by westside-cars in germany.

Ths is not a steal sheeplove.gif
carr914
Nine,

Sometimes those companies in Europe will spot a Car here in the US & will advertise it for a huge mark-up. If they found a buyer, they would buy it & resell. They did the same thing to me a couple of times until I found out & told them to cease & desist
Nine_14
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 17 2012, 05:34 PM) *

Nine,

Sometimes those companies in Europe will spot a Car here in the US & will advertise it for a huge mark-up. If they found a buyer, they would buy it & resell. They did the same thing to me a couple of times until I found out & told them to cease & desist

agree.gif

Companies like this are responsible for exceed growing prices.

A long time they are trying to sell a slant nose 3.2 conversion. Car is still in germany. Asked price is 19,9k in Euro.
vitaminC
A few more pics and info courtesy of Low Miles.

Passenger side has been hit and did not get a great repair job. Rust in the heater boxes.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Gint
Somebody finally found a use for a rust hole!
moondoggy
I'm new to this site. I thinking of purchasing a 71 looks stock from a private
dealership. Looks like a bottle of nos between the seats. I read one comment that the 1971 914 is nothing more than a VW that robs the Porsche name only! Not good news. However I love the looks of the car. I like to drop a 6 cylinder in her (Porsche only) but I don't know which motor would be good without major modification in drive-train? What do you recommend? Who do you recommend as far as where to buy such a motor?

John
Granada Hills, Ca
jkroells@msn.com
moondoggy
Need some help. Check out this car and let me know what you think.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ctd/3469659112.html

Regards,

John
Granada Hills, Ca
jkroells@msn.com
Gint
Moondoggy, Go start a new thread in the garage please. You'll get all of the advice you'll ever need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.