Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 motor mounts for transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
Assuming I have all of the hardware from my stock tranny mounts, do I need to buy anything other than the 911 motor mounts to do the swap? Do I need to big 911 cupped washers from the 911 also? Anybody have a good pic of everything installed.

I know this has probably been posted 100 times. I really struggle when searching this site.

Thanks in advance.
scott_in_nh
I did this last year and don't recall needing anything other then what the mounts came with.
My stock transmission mounts were "smushy", replacing them with the 911 motor mounts did make an incremental improvement in shifting.
Gint
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Dec 8 2012, 07:54 AM) *

I did this last year and don't recall needing anything other then what the mounts came with.
My stock transmission mounts were "smushy", replacing them with the 911 motor mounts did make an incremental improvement in shifting.

agree.gif been running them for a while now. No issues.
Krieger
I did this a few years back. Great upgrade. I used the 911 washers. They fit the mount much better. I put one on either side of the rubber mount. I used the OEM nut and bolt with the big fat washer under the trans ear ( just like stock)
type47
I seem to recall a recommendation to use the washer because if the rubber part fails, it's possible that the mount could slide off the bolt and basically become completely detached as if the trans just hangs free. The washer could be a "failsafe" to hold the bolt in the trans mount.
Mike Bellis
I broke a brand new set of 911 mounts just by easing the clutch out... No gas...

It was on my V8 car, but still... Torque is their enemy. I went to solid mounts after that.
Dr Evil
911 mounts are great. The spacing for the mounting holes is a little smaller so you often need to oval the holes, but that is no big deal.

The order of things on the mount are, from top to bottom:
1 - Large U channel that bolt goes through with head on top
2 - Mount
3 - Large cupped washer thing with the cup facing down
4 - Transmission mount ear
5 - Large flat washer under the ear
6 - Big nut
GeorgeRud
Wevo actually has some that are perfect and are made for this application.
914Sixer
New ones by URO are now being made. I think I saw some on Evil Bay for less that $30.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 8 2012, 10:34 AM) *

911 mounts are great. The spacing for the mounting holes is a little smaller so you often need to oval the holes, but that is no big deal.

2 - Mount
6 - Big nut

agree.gif

The 911 mounts replace the 914 rubber piece (with some metal around it). You simply reuse all the 914 hardware. See the Evil list above ...
popcorn[1].gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

karlo
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 8 2012, 10:34 AM) *

2 - Mount
6 - Big nut

FWIW, I use the 901-305-311-00 washers as well. I ran without them for a while, and the driver side mount completely fell apart. The big washers will spread the load and will probably firm up the mount a bit as well. Mind you, this was on a 915 behind a V8. On a 901 with the U channel and cupped washer it may not be necessary.

- Karl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.