Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I waited a long time to be able to do this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I have waited a long time to be able to do this. I had wanted to make a 914 trailer for years. Then I was able to buy this one allready finished. It was towed behind a white flared v8 for years. I bought it & didn't have my flares installed yet. I got my flares installed finally. Then I needed to install the receiver in the trunk. I was sitting here today & read Gint's thread about driving his car today. A light bulb went on I needed to do that too.

As I was walking out to start my 914 I walked by my 914 trailer. I realized I actually had everything to hook it up. With the minor exception of wiring the lights. I hooked it up & took it for a short couple mile drive. Just to see if it towed okay. That & take pictures of it all together piratenanner.gif
Krieger
Very nice! What are you going to put inside? driving.gif
ScoopLV
QUOTE(Krieger @ Dec 8 2012, 04:35 PM) *

Very nice! What are you going to put inside? driving.gif

Cases of Matchbox 914s, of course!
tumamilhem
Towed by a Creamsicle on crack! biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
I think it's really sweet that you have provided a place for the family to ride along. lol-2.gif
914Eric
Ummm....Sorry...but those rims on the trailer aren't Fuchs and just won't do.

screwy.gif
Tom
Nice Jamie! Fuchs WOULD look nice on the trailer. smile.gif And then a color match paint job, and then ------, well, you know the rest.
Tom
Gint
laugh.gif Nice Jamie .
JRust
QUOTE(914Eric @ Dec 8 2012, 05:14 PM) *

Ummm....Sorry...but those rims on the trailer aren't Fuchs and just won't do.

Yeah don't worry. The set of 7x16's Fuchs on the black 914 behind it are for the trailer. Well maybe anyway. I have a set of 16x6 that are powdercoated black that think I may use. Add some silver to give it the RSR look.

Besides the fuchs I plan to make a canopy from the targa bar back. I need to open up the floor some more also. I've considered going away from trailing arms & putting a drop axle on it too with springs instead idea.gif . Kind of up in the air on that last one.

Of course I will be painting it to match. I am still debating what color to paint. Original for my car is adriatic blue. I really like Phoenix Red & orange in general. There is a really kick ass Metalic Burnt orange (not sure that was what it was called but best desription I could come up with) I saw on a 350z I liked alot. Whatever color it is will be Satin Black on the bumpers & rockers
URY914
Now you have a place to carry spare CV's and axles. happy11.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Awesome Jamie! I need a narrow body one!!!
tumamilhem
My buddy has a 350 Z in that metallic burnt orange. Good color. smile.gif
a914622
Hey not to pull this tread to far out but are those the 17" fuchs from clip1?

I have a crap ton of fuchs in 16 and 15 but now im eyeing the 17s. I was thinking the vanagon and the 914 should match.

shearch trailer flip on youtube. rember just cuz the puller can doesnt mean the pullee will.

Looks good.
914Eric
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 8 2012, 08:09 PM) *

Yeah don't worry. The set of 7x16's Fuchs on the black 914 behind it are for the trailer.

Of course I will be painting it to match. I am still debating what color to paint. Original for my car is adriatic blue. I really like Phoenix Red & orange in general.

I re-read my post and have to point out that I was kidding...In case you didn't know. That thing looks ridiculous (In a good way).

Once the Fuchs are on and it's painted Phoenix Red to match the car....BAM! Phoenix red is the best color.

wub.gif
jim_hoyland
Very nice ! smile.gif
JRust
QUOTE(a914622 @ Dec 9 2012, 12:43 AM) *

Hey not to pull this tread to far out but are those the 17" fuchs from clip1?

I have a crap ton of fuchs in 16 and 15 but now im eyeing the 17s. I was thinking the vanagon and the 914 should match.
Looks good.

The Fuchs on my car are the 17" Rota replica's. I love them
TC 914-8
Looks good Jamie
Keep in mind the guy that built that trailer had the bolt pattern sized for Chevy bolt pattern confused24.gif I think he wanted a cheaper alternative. You might want to change the hubs, simple fix sawzall-smiley.gif
JRust
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Dec 9 2012, 04:34 PM) *

Looks good Jamie
Keep in mind the guy that built that trailer had the bolt pattern sized for Chevy bolt pattern confused24.gif I think he wanted a cheaper alternative. You might want to change the hubs, simple fix sawzall-smiley.gif

Yeah I know. I'll get the 5x130 on there one way or another. Maybe just the hub or just putting an axle on it with the right bolt pattern. One of the things that is up in the air confused24.gif
charliew
I once made a bike trailer out of a beetle front axle laid flat by repositioning the arms and it of course used the bug wheels but I reversed them for more track width in the 60's.
rjames
Cool! But if you'd used the front end of a 914 you'd have more storage space and an extra gas tank for those long trips! biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(rjames @ Dec 10 2012, 12:47 PM) *

Cool! But if you'd used the front end of a 914 you'd have more storage space and an extra gas tank for those long trips! biggrin.gif

Funny you mention the frond end. I thought about chopping one down & angling it down to the tongue some. I've had a ton of ideas with this trailer. Most won't come to anything
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.