Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD 6/7/13 - Solid '72 5-Lug Roller/Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
euro911
The car is SOLD and paid for (6/7/13).

Thanks for all the interest

This is a pic from when I first acquired the car in early 2009

Click to view attachment

... and when I moved it into my shop late 2012

Click to view attachment

Very Solid Car (roller/good project base)
No evidence of any accidents or accident repairs
Hell-hole has been repaired
Longs and jack-posts are great
Body work has been done (all panels are straight) ... EDIT I noticed a few 'dings' during the de-rusting session. Nothing major.)
Unmolested rear wheel wells (fender lips not rolled)
Good floor pan, firewall and trunks
'82? 911 SC front suspension with under-bar anti-sway bar
Vented front rotors with 'M' calipers (rotors will probably need a quick turn on a lathe)
Aluminum cross member, bump-steer kit and KONI red struts
New Eric Shea rear calipers & control arm bushings with 5-lug hubs
140 # rear springs over KONI red shocks
Aluminum fuel line with new Facet 2-port pump mounted under steering rack
911 axles and CV joints
4 'fake' 15" FUCHs (FACHs) with new 185/65x15 tires

Targa top, dash gauges, upholstered dash panels, door panels, carpets, late 72 type seats (both adjustable) and rear pad
(not great stuff, but most of it will clean up OK - seats will need to be reupholstered, bolsters are still OK)
Center tray and center cushion, extra dash pad, extra passenger compartment carpet and rear trunk carpet
Front & rear deck lids. Rear is good and straight, front lid has a lot of rust dry.gif
Engine lid with grille (no PORSCHE emblem letters) with torsion rods and rain tray
Front & rear windshields and all door glass good
Front (painted) & rear (chrome) bumpers
Headlights, tail lights, turn signals and side markers
Steel rocker panels
NO valences
NO relay board

The Bad Stuff:
Body has some surface rust (no too bad and cleans up with some elbow grease)
Needs interior work (minor seat re upholstery and interior parts reinstalled
Needs new rubber seals (recommend 914rubber.com)

Comes with DMV paper work Eddie started on back in 2002.

EDIT Jan. 17, 2013: AAA informed me that the VIN is 'Out of the System'

EDIT April 19, 2013: DMV paperwork is all straightened out, ready to transfer a clear title mueba.gif

Note - Some of the 'Bad' may not apply if turned into a track car idea.gif

$1,500.

Shown by appointment - in a beautiful Harbor City, CA

EDIT:
Pix of surface rust removal progress

Start of process (looks gawd-awful, doesn't it?)

Click to view attachment yikes.gif

Working on front left fender (cleaning up nicely) smile.gif

Click to view attachment

... and driver's door

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

... and left rear quarter panel

Click to view attachment

Driver side and some of the rear deck lid pretty much completed (spent about 8 hours doing all of this this)

Click to view attachment

Interior stromberg.gif (but with your dedication and perseverance, it could look great)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Down under (where the moder of your choice goes) idea.gif

Click to view attachment

Front view from Road Kill's vantage point

Click to view attachment
pneuhyde
Hi,
I am interested in finding out more about this project car and would like to see (or you can email tome) more pics. Is the interior work needed cosmetic, not structural or rust repair ? What extent of body work needed to be done to make it straight now and how extensive was the Hell Whole area - maybe pics of now and before if possible. Did you do the work?
Why did you decide to sell it
and per your note below:
"Comes with a ream of DMV paper work"
Is this mostly time consuming, or is there a mile of unpaid fees, or new fees due.

Thank you for your time,
Steve
euro911
Is the interior work needed cosmetic, not structural or rust repair ?
There is some minor rust, nothing structural. By 'needing interior work', I mean, it needs the seats reupholstered, door panels and back pad cleaned up or recovered, new door seals, etc., so yes, mostly cosmetic.

What extent of body work needed to be done to make it straight now?
The body is straight. I think I saw some small dents in the fenders (small dents at that). There is surface rust on the deck lids and fender tops from sitting outside under a cover for a few years.

How extensive was the Hell Whole area - maybe pics of now and before if possible.
Sorry, I don't have any 'before' pix. The hell hole was patched with new metal prior to my acquiring the car, but I it doesn't look like it was too bad to begin with, as the longs and jack-posts are in very good condition. There's been a couple of inquiries, so I'll try to get it up on the lift post some additional pix later in the week.

Did you do the work?
No, I didn't. Eddie Brown (in Bakersfield) did the work prior to my acquisition. If you know Eddie, you know the work was done right (this was his personal project car.) He really didn't want to sell it - the bad economy caused the sale and I originally bought it to help him out.

Why did you decide to sell it?
Mainly due to health reasons. I had planned to build a dedicated 2.7L/6 AX car (even purchased an engine), but my health has deteriorated over the past few years and I've had to come to grips that my racing days are pretty much over dry.gif

... and per your note below: "Comes with a ream of DMV paper work" Is this mostly time consuming, or is there a mile of unpaid fees, or new fees due.
I'll PM you with details

Did I mention OBO? shades.gif
pneuhyde
Thanks for the quick answers Mark, and I am sorry to hear of your health issues
I look forward to the pm.

Steve

"Did I mention OBO? "

yeah, I did catch that smile.gif
euro911
UPDATE ...

DMV paperwork is all straightened out, ready to transfer a clear title mueba.gif
blackmoon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 19 2013, 05:30 PM) *

UPDATE ...

DMV paperwork is all straightened out, ready to transfer a clear title mueba.gif

Still available?
euro911
pneuhyde has the first right of refusal at the present time. He physically viewed the car a couple of months ago and offered a deposit, but I didn't want to take his $ until the paperwork was in order. That process took longer than anticipated, so I'm not sure if he's still interested or not confused24.gif

I notified him and am waiting on his response.

I will update the status shortly.
pneuhyde
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 24 2013, 12:25 AM) *

pneuhyde has the first right of refusal at the present time. He physically viewed the car a couple of months ago and offered a deposit, but I didn't want to take his $ until the paperwork was in order. That process took longer than anticipated, so I'm not sure if he's still interested or not confused24.gif

I notified him and am waiting on his response.

I will update the status shortly.

Yes Mark,
I am still interested. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I was in Oregon this weekend for my Grandsons 4th birthday and had very limited internet access and even less "alone" time. Not complaining, just wore out smile.gif
My friend with the trailer informed me recently that he has a few more jobs coming up in the LA area, so that will work out, too.
I will call you tomorrow to work out details.

Steve (pneuhyde)
RXvedub
Hey now, first post here. I noticed you mentioned 911 cv's and axles, do you happen to have the resat of the drive line? relay board is gone but is the rest of the wiring harness there?

thanks
dbeal
QUOTE(RXvedub @ May 7 2013, 11:16 PM) *

Hey now, first post here. I noticed you mentioned 911 cv's and axles, do you happen to have the resat of the drive line? relay board is gone but is the rest of the wiring harness there?

thanks

Has this been sold?
euro911
The car is SOLD and paid for as of today.

Thanks for all the interest
euro911
Well, the transport company picked up the car this afternoon and it's on it's way up to San Leandro, CA ...

Click to view attachment

Juan said you'll have it on Monday, Steve - they were leaving the LA area this afternoon driving.gif
pneuhyde
Thanks Mark,
for your help, patience, and guidance.
Your an All Around Good Guy in my book.

Steve
euro911
Actually, sorry to see her go sad.gif ... but had to come to grips. I wished I were 20 years younger ... dry.gif

Empty nest confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Keep us updated on your new project, Steve popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.