Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD!Passing on this car...but someone here will want it!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
billh1963
I am passing on this very nice two owner 1975 914 2.0. Andyrew looked at the car for me yesterday (thank you, Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The car is in Modesto, CA

I have NO FINANCIAL INTEREST in this car. I'm just passing on a great deal.

I have decided to pass because I need to stick to my original plan which is to buy a really nice 73 or 74 2.0 Appearance Group car.

The car is Laguna Blue and still has the original paint! It is definitely underpriced by East Coast standards. I know there are people here looking for a nice car. The owner also has all the smog equipment, center console, bra, and new (unused) ski rack and sno-treds.

Here is Andrew's description:

Overall this is a very rust free 914, There are a couple of area's of surface rust, and some though rust near the rear jack points, (I've taken pics of everything), In reality I would say this is as rust free as it gets. The chassis is very solid and it doesnt look like its ever been in a major accident. I did vaugely notice the difference in color on the drivers side (I have a good eye, so until he pointed it out I couldnt even see anything) via oxidation, but I couldnt see any repair at all so if it was repaired it was done very very nicely.

It looks like its missing a cold start valve as it wont sustain an idle by itself for the first minute and the idle is low. Once you've been driving for a minute its solid and doesnt have an idle issue. It revs nice and has decent power, Temps stayed cool while driving and he was talking about how he doesnt rev it much above 4k. Which I told him because its aircooled it needs to be driven between 3 and 4.5.

The body has quite a few little dings and such and is a good 20 ft car. The paint is decent, and certainly nice enough to drive as is for a year or more. The owner said it was original paint, which if it were me buying this car for a stocker I would just keep the paint as is.

The suspension felt fine but the brakes were very questionable, I think it needs a new master cylinder lines and a proper bleed(maybe pads, but I like really good brakes..) Its possible that it just needs to be bled better.

The transmission and clutch feel fine, Trani shifts smooth and first doesnt make any grinds (reverse does..).

Overall its an excellent driver, Tires, brakes and just drive it.

carr914
The link to Andyrew's pictures doesn't work without a Password
billh1963
Try it now!

And I hope like hell that a forum member looking for a nice car and not a fu#%ing flipper gets the car. I hate those assholes.
vitaminC
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 9 2012, 07:17 AM) *

Try it now!

And I hope like hell that a forum member looking for a nice car and not a fu#%ing flipper gets the car. I hate those assholes.

Still private. How about moving them over to picassa or Flickr?

Love the color!
eric9144
agree.gif
I can't view the pics either, it's looking for a password, maybe set it to 914world or something if you want to keep it semi-private.. beerchug.gif
billh1963
The pictures are in Andrews account. There are around 80 of them. I can see them just fine....hmmmm

Does this work?

http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc411/andyrew914/Life/
shuie
I can see them fine. Nice car
Dr Evil
If reverse grinds then the clutch cable needs tightening smile.gif
Cairo94507
That is a nice 914.
billh1963
I hope someone on here gets it..maybe Chris (SUNAB914)
I have a few more details and pictures
tod914
Very nice! Laguna blue great color.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.