Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Karmen Ghia came out to autocross today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Woody
Supercharged LS motor and a mendola trans.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Thats a lot of money.... For such a show car I would think they would have put the radiator vents through the fender wells or at least painted the hood body color.

Nice looking finish though, thanks for posting smile.gif
billh1963
A lot of time and $$ went into that car!
SirAndy
Meh ... dry.gif

And i love Ghias. Had several myself over the years. This one just doesn't do it for me. Someone was trying really hard to make it into something that's *not* a Ghia.
popcorn[1].gif

PS: And who the hell is Karmen??? confused24.gif
quadracerx
Wow...that is cool....your right lots of $$$...but still cool...any other pics?
Woody
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 9 2012, 07:19 PM) *

Meh ... dry.gif

And i love Ghias. Had several myself over the years. This one just doesn't do it for me. Someone was trying really hard to make it into something that's *not* a Ghia.
popcorn[1].gif

It was a show piece. The owner builds customs. It was neat to watch it run but yeah, definitely over the top. Think he may have been Canadian. confused24.gif
mikelsr
It would have been fun to have been there today. How did the Ghia do? How did you do?
Woody
Hey Mike, the Ghia finished halfway back in the pack. I did well just had a bunch of setup trouble. I corded my AX tires at the previous event so I was running some 888s. I am running way too much rear spring for the 888s and couldn't keep the back of the car under me. I'll be ordering the new AX tires this week hopefully. I believe I hold the most points for the year though so it wasn't all bad.
KaptKaos
I am not one to judge someone else's dream car.

However, this would not be something I would want.

First, the ghia was one of the prettiest cars ever.

Second, changing it to a mid-engined 80s throwback machine make me long for my Members Only jacket. :puke:

Not my taste. Good luck selling it.
CG-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 9 2012, 08:19 PM) *

Meh ... dry.gif

popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif
Take a hot rod and do it to it but don't destroy a Ghia!
jeff
I really like Ghias also, an early Ghia with a tube chassis,Fuchs and a 3.2 would be nice....is the wheel base any longer than a 911? I wonder how it would handle the engine in the rear?
pete-stevers
Wood you Woody...telL us more about the 888s
How do you like em? inquiring minds want to know
CG-914
QUOTE(jeff @ Dec 9 2012, 10:15 PM) *

I really like Ghias also, an early Ghia with a tube chassis,Fuchs and a 3.2 would be nice....is the wheel base any longer than a 911? I wonder how it would handle the engine in the rear?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=...hDBOdc5aObjfpOg
sixnotfour
dont forget the boxsterghia
http://993c4s.com/cars/porsche-boxster/kha...a-body-boxster/
76-914
QUOTE(jeff @ Dec 9 2012, 07:15 PM) *

same wheel base, different suspensions
Ed_F
There's something so unsettling about the thought of a blower whirring along just inches from my head blink.gif
ScoopLV
Add me to the list of, "Nope, not for me."

If I ever add another car to my stable, it will likely be a dead stock Ghia convertible. Or an air-cooled 911. Or a 911 SC cabrio. Again, stock. Those cars are just too pretty as-is to be mucking around with.

That way my wife has a cool car as well. (She's been hinting about wanting to learn to drive a stick shift. "Well, it's something I should really know how to do," she says. "Why didn't you have any interest until the day I drove home with a Porsche," I reply. dry.gif )
Woody
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Dec 9 2012, 09:33 PM) *

Wood you Woody...telL us more about the 888s
How do you like em? inquiring minds want to know

888s are great tires but my setup was way wrong. I either need more front swaybar or less rear spring. I'm running 21mm torsion bars with a 19mm swaybar and 250 inch pound coilovers in the rear with Bilsteins all around. This setup was absolutely perfect for autocross with the Hankook Z214s and should be pretty close for the A6s that are going on the car next season. I have been wanting to upgrade the swaybar because its been on its stiffests setting. Guess now I have a reason.

This is running 25psi in the rears. Car was unmanageable. And yes the curb was that close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwz2KRuH9U...be_gdata_player

This was with 19psi, car was better but I still wasn't pushing it like I should have been able to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpEuSPPT3po...be_gdata_player
hot_shoe914
What motor are you running? confused24.gif
Woody
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 10 2012, 06:46 AM) *

What motor are you running? confused24.gif

2056 with webcam 86a, Empi 44s Kerry Hunter header with a flowmaster. Hopefully going bigger this winter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.