Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got a new blast cabinet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
about a month ago a friend of mine asked me if I had any need in a blast cabinet. I had been thinking about getting a second smaller unit for doing delicate stuf with soda, so I told him sure. He took this one out of the plant he used to work at,never did anything with it, and wanted the garage space back, so told me just come get it. He did tell me it was pretty big........I wasn't expecting this blink.gif I could almost fit my other cabinet inside of this one.
Dr Evil
Motorcycle frame big?
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 9 2012, 07:46 PM) *

Motorcycle frame big?

maybe. It's about 3-4 inches wider then the 914 engine lid.
billh1963
Wow! What media types can you use?
scotty b
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 9 2012, 07:51 PM) *

Wow! What media types can you use?

Once the big one is up and running I'll probably put the glass bead in it, and switch the other one over to soda
Mark Henry
Both the same make?
Did they come from the same guy or is the company local?

If you have the room real nice score!
mepstein
I thought you were going to show us 914 big.
Gint
Damn! Nice score.
Woody
Wow. That's awesome. We used to have a blast cabinet at the dealership but it went bye bye.
zymurgist
Very Cool! thumb3d.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 9 2012, 08:52 PM) *

Both the same make?
Did they come from the same guy or is the company local?

If you have the room real nice score!

Same make yes. Not from the same guy. The original belongd to the guy I started out working on Porsches for. He had it stored in an old dairy barn. I've had that one for around 15 years. The company is out of Hagerstown Maryland ( Zymurgists home beerchug.gif ) so I'm sure Pangborn cabinets are all over Richmond since its only about a 2 hour trip.
balljoint
No more sissy water showers in the morning for scotty! thumb3d.gif
type47
Gas tank big? idea.gif
JmuRiz
Very cool, nice size!
zymurgist
I thought I recognized the name Pangborn. I think they moved their manufacturing operations out of Hagerstown, though.
wingnut86
Scotty - That ROCKS drooley.gif

Bill is gonna need it, with his next purchase below happy11.gif

Good luck with that. BTW, he wants it to be able to go on land or water...

Click to view attachment
billh1963
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Dec 11 2012, 11:01 AM) *

Scotty - That ROCKS drooley.gif

Bill is gonna need it, with his next purchase below happy11.gif

Good luck with that. BTW, he wants it to be able to go on land or water...

Click to view attachment

I am growing bored with regular 914's. My next project will involve coupling the robust 901 transmission with a "Mr. Fusion" I purchased in a back alley in Shanghai (I was assured that it checks out 100% and a new flux capacitor was included). I intend to take this modified 914 back to 1970. Using my "Mr. Alchemy" kit (which I purchased at the same time while in Shanghai) I will convert lead into gold and buy all the 914/6's and store them in a secret DRY location. I will release them sometime in 2013 where they will sell for $150K each. I will also buy some Ferrari 250GTO's and similar cars at the same time. Keep your eyes on ebay for the release! rolleyes.gif
pete-stevers
you might want to put a rock gaurd in front of dat dem der cooler
wingnut86
Yep.

Ignore him. He's nuts from all the revolving cars in his underground bunker;-P

Nice cabinet Scotty! - I got a baby Skat Blaster myself. Plastic parts and some metal at its finest.
SUNAB914
Scotty, time to get a powdercoating furnace now!
Bill, I didn't know you were involved with Doomsday Preppers?
scotty b
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Dec 12 2012, 09:14 AM) *

Yep.

I got a baby Skat Blaster myself.

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif
wingnut86
Hehehehe...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.