Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bogus Superseded Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I have seen this part referenced to this part number in a few locations...beware.

I know of another part thats the same story...its the small rubber bellows at the clutch cable by the trans pulley, the replacement parts is about 5 in. long...looks the same in photos, but it doan fit. Anyone have the replacement part that can post the photo?

914Sixer
Jeff that cap is used to cover the loop end that goes inside the 914 altenator or that is what I used it for.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 10 2012, 06:30 PM) *

Jeff that cap is used to cover the loop end that goes inside the 914 altenator or that is what I used it for.

Yup I know. Each 914 alternator harness has two of these boots, one at each end of the big red wire. I have been looking for this boot for too long. Problem is the superseded part is GINORMOUS...the cable it fits is about 5/8 in diameter! Whereas the red 914 cable is only ~1/4 in. diameter. The superseded part is no where close to a good fit.
euro911
What DOES that large boot fit then?
biosurfer1
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 10 2012, 07:58 PM) *

What DOES that large boot fit then?

A 2:1 scale 914? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.