Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 LE Can Am car milestones reached today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
An amazing coincidence happened in the 914 LE world today. We reached twin milestones on the 914 Can Am Registry.

150 Bumblebees listed

100 Creamsicles listed

Creamsicles are clearly more rare, but I like them both. creamsicle914.jpg

Thats 25% of these cars that were made, in aggregate. If 25% of all 914s made were still with us, how many would that be? About 29,000?

Happy Dayz... party.gif

In tribute here are photos from our Bay Area LE Owners first meet recently. We know of another that is a Creamsicle original owner we will invite next time.
RFoulds
Very cool Jeff! Maybe I need one after all. Almost got that rusty one out of Phoenix last year.
JeffBowlsby
There are several LE cars listed for sale at the bottom of the Registry webpage in every price range, and I know of a couple more available not on the list yet.
Daiberl
Very nice, hope to see a few of the LEs at the WCR, hope to drive mine down to Oregon!
- Juergen
nathansnathan
It is cool the creamsicle owner wore a star trek uniform to the gathering. smile.gif
tumamilhem
FYI Creamsicle in mid-resto for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ASS%3AUS%3A1123
tumamilhem
Jeff, are there ever any LE events in Florida?

Also am curious, what is the PROPER labeling name for these cars per Porsche? Such as if they would be factory badged on the back, what is the proper name/order of model description?

914 LE
914 Can Am
914 LE Can Am
914 Can Am LE

etc.

JeffBowlsby
Hi Tom,

There will be a 914 LE event in Florida if you put it together! There are 8 LE cars in FL, Steve Gaglione has an excellent Creamsicle in Tampa...I know there are others. In that region you might even draw from neighboring states to put together a core group. I can give you the contact info of the others if you email me. You gotta tell me your contact info for the Registry as well....

You should review the 914 Can Am website for the details on what to call them. They have the Can Am Equipment package so 914 Can Am is correct. In the USA they were marketed as the 914 Limited Edition so that is also correct. For the Germany and Japan markets they had other names.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 11 2012, 11:48 AM) *

Hi Tom,

There will be a 914 LE event in Florida if you put it together! There are 8 LE cars in FL, Steve Gaglione has an excellent Creamsicle in Tampa...I know there are others. In that region you might even draw from neighboring states to put together a core group. I can give you the contact info of the others if you email me. You gotta tell me your contact info for the Registry as well....

You should review the 914 Can Am website for the details on what to call them. They have the Can Am Equipment package so 914 Can Am is correct. In the USA they were marketed as the 914 Limited Edition so that is also correct. For the Germany and Japan markets they had other names.

Yeah, I asked you about that Creamsicle in Tampa before. I was hoping to connect with the guy before I went down there one weekend to check it out. Very nice.

Yeah, I can see about doing something here if the others are up to it. And 914 meet for that as well. I just don't know how to reach them. I presume the PCA here may know, but I'm not a member.

Would love to know if there are any 914 meets here like there are out west. Someone mentioned something to me recently about a Tropical Ramble here? Not sure how to find out about these events. Went to 914 World Event page and it's stuff that's at least 5 years old.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the skinny on LE, GT and SL. But all the text I have read (including every page on your site - my congratulations, by the way! Fantastic source of detailed info!) always goes back describing the same car as Can Am or LE and wasn't sure which is "model correct". When I get my car and get a new tag for it, I was going to personalize it. But wasn't sure what would be "factory" correct. My ideas were (if all available, as if I have a lot of competition in Can Ams here):

CREMSCL

914 LE

CAN AM

CANAMLE

LECANAM

Yes, I was going to get with you soon about the Registry once I got the car (still in route). Let me know whatever information you need and I'll be happy to send it to you.

Once I get the car and get a couple things for it and thoroughly detail it, I'll take several detailed and nice pictures of it to update the ones already on there. Since Jamie lives in Oregon, I thought shooting it on sand on the beach with the ocean behind it might be an interesting contrast to what it and Jamie have been used to, one coast to the other (EAST COAST, BABY!) aktion035.gif We both just recently that the car was first sold in his area, apparently staying in the area the duration of its life (until now). I'll also take some updated pics of the COD, WS, etc so they are larger, more easier to read, etc. I plan on just scanning them and uploading those images for the best possible quality and detail. Especially the WS, since that's much more difficult to make out, being clear. So I'll get those to you as soon as all that's done.

So what do you consider the "proper" name in proper order?

914 LE

914 Can Am

914 LE Can Am

914 Can Am LE

JeffBowlsby
For a USA market car, the most appropriate is 914 Limited Edition.

Get back to me when the car arrives and we'll swap info.

Out here on the left coast, someone (any 914 owner) just gets the wheels turning and decides to host an event. It can be very little work, like posting an invite here on the site with a date/time/place for a 9:14 breakfast, to a lot of work like organizing a major event for a hundred 914s with hotel/food arrangements. The rule is....If you organize it, you decide the rules, there is no sanctioning body on this club site. Go for it!
tumamilhem
914 PARTY AT MY HOUSE! WOO-WHOO! cheer.gif LOL
tumamilhem
What was the new Bumblebee added? Was there a new Creamsicle also? I thought there were 100 accounted for already.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.