Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater defrost helper fan circuit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
My blower fan stopped working. I know the fan is good since I can hook up 12V from the engine compartment and it runs. All my fuses look good. Twisted them all. I took apart the heater lever and cleaned up the contact and the blade connector that attaches there. It looked pretty corroded and wet, so I figured that was it. I didn't measure the voltage there since it was a PIA before I reassembled it. I'm getting 0.3 V on the Green/White wire in the engine compartment. Any suggestions?

confused24.gif
luskesq
Did you check the relay on the regulator board in the engine compartment? IIRCC it is the rearmost relay on the board, kinda in the center. Good luck.

Keith
r_towle
The fan lever is a ground.
So you wont see voltage, but you can pull the plug off the fan and test that ground (ohms) to see if the lever is working.

You get power from the same power source as the fuel pump....so if the car runs, the fan gets power.

As far as the relay goes..I cant remember which one, but if both your headlights work, pull one of those round relays from the front trunk and keep swapping it into the relay board in the engine bay till something changes.

There are also two or three fuses on the board, cant recall (god I am getting old) if one of them has anything to do with the fan.

rich
steuspeed
Relay Board

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads20/r...m1339602204.jpg
steuspeed
It was a bad relay. I switched out my fog light relay from under the dash until I get a replacement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.