Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rainbonnet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
and no rain?......thas what the weatherguessers say.....a touch chilly, tho.

AX, Driver Skills & track day at PIR......plenty to do.
Who's going besides me?
double-a
what time? i may drop by...

~a
J P Stein
All day.
Driver skills in the am in the infield....AX...pm infield....DE all day.
Porsche Rescue
Damn, I'm too old for this schedule! Haven't been up this late in a long time. Had a hell of a good time visiting with other old p car guys at Rainbonnet today/tonight. The local Carerra GT (yep, the $450K one) is expected to be on the track tomorrow. It was in the Concours today. That alone is worth a trip Aaron.
I'll be on the track in the AM and trying to rig the timing for JP and chasing his time around the cones. Met a couple of great guys from Vancouver Island, BC (Ernie and Ernie). They won concours people's choice with their '04 C2 S. Ernie Kowal has a Bumble Bee at home (which he calls "stinger") and is an AX winner up there. Offered him a run in my car tomorrow. Should be at least 2 other 914's (Dr. and Mrs. Chapman in their "his and hers" '73 2.0's). Off to bed.
J P Stein
Rainbonnet with no rain.....just a cold fog.

The AX was run in semi-sunshine.

TTOD was a boxster low 53, then a 993 mid 53, then a couple 914s low to mid 54s. If ever a course demanded ABS, PMS, et al, this was it.
Gary Chapman did very well with his 2.0L 914....mid 56 AIR. God help me if he gets serious biggrin.gif
A heavy hitter from PNWR came down with his GT3.....didn't like our course much and got a mid 55.

That's it for me this year. Time to rearrange the shit box to pick up a couple seconds idea.gif I gots a plan.
Brad Roberts
You going to cut the windshield off JP ??

Oh.. when is your gathering for next year ??

B
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 07:05 PM)
You going to cut the windshield off JP ??

Oh.. when is your gathering for next year ??

B

Thought about it...but then I think too much ....makes my haid hurt sometines.

The gittogether ....dunno...maybe between Christmas & Newyears. Gotta look at a calendar & find out what's best for most folks. I'll list some possible dates & do a poll.

You got a date for the all914AX?
Brad Roberts
Yep. It is the March date I posted.

Please keep me in the loop for the next gathering.

Maybe do a two day gathering.. with dinner one evening or something.

B
J P Stein
22 March? Makes it hard for an old fart to get his car done & tested....of you tryin' to get me with no testing biggrin.gif
I'd hate to come down there & stink up the place.....figurativly.

Let's try for 7 Jan for the gittogether or the 14th, 21st whutever.
drgchapman
Oh yeah, cut out the windshield. Ginther is it? These look real racey, but BF Ugly. ULF--BFU hmmmm. Don't do it. Gary
Brad Roberts
I like the 14th of Jan.

B
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 08:15 PM)
I like the 14th of Jan.

B

OK....that wasn't hard. A short poll.
Course I might have to put you to work iff'n I gotta make 22 March biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
I would leave out on a Friday early morning.. so we could work Sat. during the day or Sat. night. The only thing I wont do for you is rebuild the engine..LOL

B
J P Stein
I need some bigger fenders. You any gud with smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif ??
Brad Roberts
Oh.. hell NO.. just buy some GT flares or fiberglass jobbies.

B
J P Stein
By then I'll know if bumping the fenders out far enuff is a fools erand. You just might have to bring me some HPH rear flares.
I doan like GT flares.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.