Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: As far as I know this hasn't been asked before...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Quick question; does anyone know what the purpose of this little "vent" area is under the hood? I have seen it on multiple hoods now and it only appears on the passenger side. I was thinking perhaps it was a way to draw air in to dry out the hood frame (which we know still didn't work all that well since many are rusted out). I don't believe its there for clearance, or does not appear to be.
tracks914
I believe it was for the external gas cover door. I was going to put one on my car but decided not to when I couldn't find a nice one that fit. If you look at a 911 they don't have to open the hood to fill up with gas. I think they were thinking that could be done with the 914 as well but it didn't pan out. They kept the hood die the same after production.
Just my guess. idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Dec 12 2012, 07:32 PM) *
As far as I know this hasn't been asked before..

Actually, there's a thread about just that topic here somewhere with pictures and some info ...
shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 12 2012, 07:41 PM) *

Actually, there's a thread about just that topic here somewhere with pictures and some info ...
shades.gif

Took me 5 seconds to find using "+hood +fuel +door" as search keys:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=156806

rolleyes.gif
tracks914
Ha, I knew I had seen a thread on it years ago. But that one is only a year old. There must be another deeper in the vault. (I remember with more pictures)
Rockaria
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 12 2012, 08:43 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 12 2012, 07:41 PM) *

shades.gif

Took me 5 seconds to find using "+hood +fuel +door" as search keys:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=156806

rolleyes.gif

At the risk of being very unpopular today I think it would have taken the original poster way more than 5 seconds since he had no idea to use the keywords +fuel or +door. He only had... +hood +vent +cowel +air +dry +frame +passenger +clearance.

confused24.gif

I have had questions that I had no idea where to start, only to have someone smack me down with a "You should have known" post. It sucks!
ThePaintedMan
Thanks guys. You're right, I had no idea to search for fuel door. I just thought it had something to do with venting. Good to know what its for now though. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Dec 13 2012, 07:18 AM) *
At the risk of being very unpopular today I think it would have taken the original poster way more than 5 seconds since he had no idea to use the keywords +fuel or +door. He only had... +hood +vent +cowel +air +dry +frame +passenger +clearance.

confused24.gif

I have had questions that I had no idea where to start, only to have someone smack me down with a "You should have known" post. It sucks!

Well, i'm sure there are other keywords that would get you close enough.

The search really does work and i will not apologize for pointing that out every once in a while.
grouphug.gif
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 13 2012, 01:17 PM) *

Well, i'm sure there are other keywords that would get you close enough.

The search really does work and i will not apologize for pointing that out every once in a while.
grouphug.gif

FWIW, I did use the search, as I always try to before I ask a question here. But I apparently didn't use the correct words, as the gentleman above pointed out. Sometimes people don't know how to phrase their query because they don't have enough information to even get started. Not bashing the search engine at all, its just nice to have people who like to answer questions when they know the answer. In my opinion, that's one of the points of a forum in the first place. If someone doesn't want to answer, they aren't being forced to. And if it was something that really wasn't that important, I wouldn't lose sleep because I couldn't find it with a search. smile.gif

Again, thanks for the hard work and for taking time out to answer this one Andy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.