Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Caliper Restoration Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
If you have 35 minutes to kill... biggrin.gif

If you purchased one of our 914 U-DO-IT rear caliper kit, this is the video for you. It's also a great way for the DIY 914 mechanic to learn how to rebuild your 914 rear calipers the proper way.

Some things to note: We made this video using tools you should have at your disposal. This will help you see how the end result can turn out. On our caliper restorations, every part gets re-plated with zinc dichromate just like the ATE factory did back in the 70's. For the purpose of this video, we used paint for the arm and spring so you can see how "your" results can turn out. The caliper at the end of the video is the caliper we built step by step in the video (yes, your calipers should look that good when you're done!!)

If you have "any" questions while you're building your kit please feel free to call us at 855-STOP-101 (855-786-7101). We're always more than happy to help our customers achieve success!

Here's a link to the kit if you are interested in having amazing calipers on your 914:

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...552/9621098.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm_DnizKOZM
914Sixer
Thank you Eric !!!!! pray.gif pray.gif
JawjaPorsche
Very Cool! You make it look so easy! Of course, you have done a few before! beerchug.gif
Bob L.
Yes, that's almost exactly how I ended up doing it after about two weeks of trial and error. I wish I had used the assembly lube. I coated the parts with brake fluid to help lube things.

Great video!
Cairo94507
That was very enjoyable. I will still sleep better, once my car is done and drivable, knowing Eric built my calipers. Thanks for the great work and commitment to keeping our cars on the road and stopping safely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.