Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: White 914 2.0 on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Nine_14
Is That awesome ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item19d76647af

Have a look at the front trunk pic. Everything is overpainted.
Looks like a sell paintjob (must be cheap)
Cairo94507
That actually seems to be a pretty straight 914. Unfortunately, the painter, and it may not be the present owner's fault, was stupid and painted everything under the hood. That is a shame and would be a bit of work to remedy.

Aside from that, that seems to be a nice 2.0
jbyron
According to the ad, it's Awsome
Nine_14
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 14 2012, 03:26 PM) *

That actually seems to be a pretty straight 914. Unfortunately, the painter, and it may not be the present owner's fault, was stupid and painted everything under the hood. That is a shame and would be a bit of work to remedy.

Aside from that, that seems to be a nice 2.0

agree.gif

The painter didn't do a good job and a buyer maybe get a wrong impression of the
rest of the car, when opening the front hood.

Shame on the painter.
jela5958
Click to view attachmentTake a close look at the driver side heat exchanger shield. Owner's confirmed that the photo appears to show a crack or hole & added that he'll take a closer look later today ... likely after the auction ends.
DanT
That is my old Casper...
The heat exchangers were marginal at best when I sold the car...
Yes the painter didn't do a real great job on the trunk....I had all the pieces to make it look right.
The good part was that when I sold the car, every thing worked as good or better than new.
Complete suspension with Koni adjustables front and rear along with 140# rear springs and 19mm front sway bar.

See here 1975
For the complete thread

Very good car. biggrin.gif
jsayre914
looks nice

I dont mind the paintjob, clean rolleyes.gif
jela5958
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 14 2012, 11:24 AM) *

That is my old Casper...
The heat exchangers were marginal at best when I sold the car...
Yes the painter didn't do a real great job on the trunk....I had all the pieces to make it look right.
The good part was that when I sold the car, every thing worked as good or better than new.
Complete suspension with Koni adjustables front and rear along with 140# rear springs and 19mm front sway bar.

See here 1975
For the complete thread

Very good car. biggrin.gif

Dan, do you know the story behind the salvage title? When the current owner had the car up on ebay earlier in the year it was listed with a salvage title. The owner's ad stated then that he couldn't find any evidence of any major repair.
DanT
The car had been hit on the right side when I bought it....I am sure that is what got the salvage title back in the '80s when 914s were dirt cheap.

Now the ad says clear title so I don't know how that happened...when I sold it it was with the salvage title....
Maybe he knows someone? confused24.gif at DMV
jela5958
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 14 2012, 11:47 AM) *

The car had been hit on the right side when I bought it....I am sure that is what got the salvage title back in the '80s when 914s were dirt cheap.

Now the ad says clear title so I don't know how that happened...when I sold it it was with the salvage title....
Maybe he knows someone? confused24.gif at DMV

Lol. It's still a salvage ... owner relisted it based on ebay's definition of title, at least that's what he stated. But your statement makes sense ... it's too bad that 914-4 values are so depressed. To think that a '75 sold new for around $7,000 and yet only a rare few truly pristine concourse cars go for even close to $25000. Which doesn't even keep up with inflation. $7,000 in '75 dollars is over $28,000 in 2011 dollars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.