Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear trailing arm inner ear bolt thread size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
The bolt that bolts the trailing arm to the inner rear suspention "ear", I know the outer size is 22mm, but what is the thread size that I need? Thanks
Aaron Cox
take it to your local hardware place and screw it into one of their jigs. it tells you what thread pitch it is and everything.
that is if you get no intelligent answers from people on the list smile.gif (such as this one biggrin.gif )
Mueller
Factory = M14 2.00

Mine = M14 1.5
(shamless plug for my trailing arm kit smile.gif )
Jeroen
Hey Mike,

Does your rear bearing kit come with new shafts as well?

cheers,

Jeroen
mskala
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 15 2003, 07:41 PM)
Factory = M14 2.00

Mine = M14 1.5
(shamless plug for my trailing arm kit smile.gif )

Mike, are you sure about that 2.0? I could swear
I stuck a standard 14mm 1.5 lug nut on there over
the winter (not for driving).
Mark S.
'70 914-6
ChrisReale
I'll get one of each to save the hassle. Thanks
Mueller
Mark,

You are correct, the factory axle is M14 1.5 (same as the lug bolts)

I didn't double check what I wrote before taking off from work.
(yes, it took me this long to make it home...gotta love driving if you like affordable homes in this area )

Jeroen,

Yep, brand new axles with studs similar to the factory set up. Installed a set on Rich Bontempies FP(?) race car yesterday MDB2.gif
ChrisFoley
Hey Chris,

The trailing arm is held on by a nut, not a bolt. The stock pivot shaft has studs coming out of the ends.
The nut that holds it on the suspension ear has a special self locking feature, so no lock washer is necessary. smile.gif
ChrisReale
Yea, I meant to say nut. My "special, self-locking" feature is not working anymore sad.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 16 2003, 04:42 AM)
Jeroen,

Yep, brand new axles with studs similar to the factory set up. Installed a set on Rich Bontempies FP(?) race car yesterday MDB2.gif

Great! One less part to worry about
'cause even the shafts in the rear control-arms that came off my car are rusted mad.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
brant
Mike M,

are you coming up with any spare stock shafts after people convert.

I friggin can't find my pair of stock shafts that I was going to put back into the street car.. They should be here, but have yet to been found..

So I'm wondering if there are extra used shafts out there?

brant
Mueller
Hey Brant,

Yep, I should have at least 3 pairs of extra stock axles...I'll try to find a set and send them to you next week.

Just cover shipping and they are yours.

Mike
brant
absolutely... but I'll be happy to pay too...
I'll send you a pm to get info.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.