Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here are some useful things that
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
As I have been working on my car I have been taking pictures.

I posted some of the more useful ones on my web page to share with others.

Just fellow the link to my web page. I posted them there because of the picture size.

http://www.cassidy-online.com/porsche914/

Scroll down to "Here are some useful things that I have learned while working on my car:"

Also thanks for helping answering all of my questions.
gregrobbins
Thanks Chris for the extra effot to help others!
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif cool ...

Andy
monkeywrench
Cool

So how hard was it to do the rear bushing? Which bushing did you go with?? Any insight to this project?
chris914
>So how hard was it to do the rear bushing?

It's not the easiest or the most fun of projects. I had to do it because one of mine was completely gone. Even the good ones were pretty bad. It took me a weekend to do both once I figured out how to do it with the puller. I also cleaned the wheel wells and undercoated them.

After 32 years the top of the bearing was much thinner then the bottom. The front will be next. Stay tuned. lol

>Which bushing did you go with??

I used the harder Weltmeister sport bushings. To put them in and keep them from squeaking I use Silicone spray lubrication. I know a lot of people do other things. I spay a ton of it in there. So far not a peep. Only time will tell. For me silicone has always worked much better then petroleum based lubrications on plastic bushings.

>Any insight to this project?

*** Remember to keep the nut on so you don't screw up the threads with the puller ***

Remember to support the control arms so you don't damage the exhaust or the break lines. I just cut my old brake lines because I was replacing them with new.

Autozone lends the puller free of charge in my area. I had it a week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.