Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Adelaide 2004
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Downunderman
After several weeks of preparation, all systems are go. Have to drive it over to the mechanics this morning to put on the transporter for the 1,415 km trip from Sydney to Adelaide. I will be flying over with my navigator next Monday afternoon. http://www.classicadelaide.com.au/ca/ You can follow our progress each night.. Car 426.
Jeroen
Looks great!
Have fun and bring the car home in 1 piece!
seanery
Good Luck Howard!
I look forward to some awesome pics!! driving.gif
Downunderman
Thanks guys, car is loaded and gone. Just hope it gets there in one piece. I will have some pics in a couple of weeks.
VegasRacer
Make us proud Howard. smilie_pokal.gif
We're all cheering for you. smilie_flagge24.gif
jim912928
wow..I'm jealous..that looks like sooooo much fun! Can't wait to watch the progress! Good luck!
bob174
Damn, what a blast. I spent July and August in Adelaide. I assume you'll take the Great Ocean Rd most of the way? I didn't get to drive it, but some of my friends said it was awesome.
Downunderman
Becko (the navigator) and I are flying over. Its too damn far to drive. The teener has gone on a truck. We are hoping that we might come close to matching it with our friends in the taildragger http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=187536 they have a bit more power than us about 270 at the clutch and we have about 240. It will be interesting to see how it performs with the short gears in it - A, GA, M, S, Y. Don't know if its worth 30 hp but we'll see. We are also giving away about 40 years to them between us and a significant amount of testicle size. The nice thing about Adelaide is that the weather is generally pretty good, hot and dry, unlike Targa where it always rains for a couple of days.
J P Stein
Give em' hell Howard. & be safe....old farts take a long time to heal....which makes our balls shrink biggrin.gif
Downunderman
I sure will JP. We are very mindful of the safe thing. A competitor in a GT3 died in the East Coast Targa about 2 weeks ago - we competed in it last year but skipped it this year to do Adelaide. Becko has 5 daughters - he's 52 and the youngest is 2 so the last thing I want is to inherit 5 more females and his kiwi wife. 1 wife and 2 daughters is enough for any man!! let alone 6 more!!
Brad Roberts
52 and he was pumping out kids at 50 ?? Sounds like his balls are fine..LOL

Give em Hell Howard. Show them how we do it old school style.

B
Downunderman
I've never quite worked out whether he has big balls or brains of potatoes. He just sits there with his head down reading the pace notes. Its probably just as well that he doesn't look out the front.
DNHunt
Good luck you guys and safe racing. Sounds to me like a case of both,potatoes for brains and big balls.

Dave
machina
give 'em hell, shiny side up, and all that smilie_pokal.gif

make us proud.
Downunderman
Thanks guys, its nice to see that some of you are early risers. Its 6 am here. In all the events like this that we do we just go as fast as we feel comfortable, and if either of us thinks things are getting out of hand we say so. Mind you comfortable is 8.5-9 10ths so its pretty quick. We will be careful.
Mueller
smilie_pokal.gif ......it's great to see our 914's out and about racing pray.gif

good luck clap56.gif
theol00
good luck guys! be safe and keep the shiny side up! smilie_flagge24.gif smilie_flagge6.gif
Hi_Fi_Guy
Have fun, that is a GREAT EVENT and I am completely envious. Be sure to get some 914World.com sticker time on SPEED for us will ya smilie_pokal.gif

Be safe and enjoy the rally.
dinomium
I know that there are some fine vinyards down that way, so try not to be distracted!
wink.gif
Have a great time.
Cheers.
Downunderman
We can't enjoy the vineyards very much, as we get breath tested on the line each morning and have to be 0.00 or we are out of the event. So in the evenings its just a couple of light beers and perhaps 1 or 2 glasses of red. We stop for lunch at couple of vineyards during the event but nothing nice to drink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.