Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On jackstands for winter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
I'll put up a picture as soon as I find our camera.

I jacked all 4 corners up - Drove front on ramps - Jacked up back - Jacked up front more - put stands in front - Jacked up back more - put stand in back - Raised front one more notch....

Drivers front jack stand has 1/4" clearance wacko.gif

Other 3 are solid? WTF? I have not opened the doors or removed the roof or anything yet. Anyone seen this? Is my chassie whacked?
Brad Roberts
What is the floor like ?? The chassis could be whacked...

B
seanery
is your garage level?
Rusty
Are all four jackstands the same type? huh.gif
qa1142
Floors are solid no rust.

2 front stands are same and 2 rear stands are the same. I'm thinking floor is not level too.

All the door gaps and hood trunk gaps were even (guess I should go look at them now)

Sean's seen my ride. very clean. Any thoughts on how to check the floor?

Will this tweek the chassie if I leave it up like this? (I am guessing it is not good.)

I can just put a Jack under that corner....
Brad Roberts
It wont hurt it. I cant think of an easy way to check the floor (course I work on 914's and have NO knowledge of concrete..LOL)

We have all the factory measurements listed at the top of every page on this site. Do some measurements on the car and check them against the factory numbers.

B
qa1142
Ok, on my list now...
seanery
how 'bout a big bubble level
SirAndy
just use only one stand in the front and put it in the center of the car, like under the cross-member ...

a triangle *always* forms a even plane. that should do the trick!
wink.gif Andy
jim912928
if you want to check the floor of the garage...just use water and see where it pools. If you dump a 1/4 of a gallon and it all ends up over by the jack stand that has the 1/4 gap...then you know where the low spot is on your garage floor!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.