Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for local 914 owners in the Dallas area.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
David J
Just bought my 3rd 914 after many years without. Would like to find other teeners in the Dallas area, and participate in get togethers.
nomore9one4
You shouldnt have a problem finding 914ers..Even 914s are bigger in Texas..Congrats on your purchase biggrin.gif
Gint
Editing your thread title...

And

welcome.png
Grelber
Greetings from McKinney, and

welcome.png
ClayPerrine
I am in Hurst, and I work in Dallas.

Welcome to the insanity.
Elliot Cannon
Have you applied for your Texas passport yet? happy11.gif lol-2.gif
Rob-O
In Mansfield and work in Frisco. What year and color did you purchase? Post some pics when you get a moment.
Rob-O
Texas passport? I don't get it... confused24.gif
auto_cran
A big HELLO from Plano!

Chris
eyesright
I'm about 3 hours up the road in Lawton, Ok and hope (I can always hope can't I?)to have my '76 on the road in a month. A 3 hour drive would be just right for breakfast or lunch or work party.

You have a good group down there in Big D. I got a ride in Clay's -6 a couple of month's ago. Sweeeeet.
bandjoey
Mmmmm. I think only Okies and Canadians need the passport these days. In Bedford by Dfw. Welcome.
zzwhm
I'm in Southlake. Lots of teeners in the Maverick Region PCA.
Bill
02loftsmoor
I'm in Keller Wes
Brian_Boss
I'm in east Dallas.
NARP914
David,

Where are you located in Dallas exactly?

Be nice to have a gathering of teeners soon
Rob-O
A get together soon would be cool. I'll need to get some carb and distributor work done first! My car is running like crap. Actually not running at all at the moment, since the dash is out. But I can fix that in an afternoon...
bandjoey
Are plans still underway for a April 15 run in the hill country?? Tat would be a good meet for DFW folks ..
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 18 2012, 05:06 PM) *

Are plans still underway for a April 15 run in the hill country?? Tat would be a good meet for DFW folks ..

Yes.... Maybe not on the 15th, but in April some time. Gotta work around the AX schedule.

Someone want to put together a Saturday lunch?

David J
I'm also in East Dallas by White Rock Lake. Going to take some pictures of my new car soon to post here. It's a wide body Renegade conversion from California. Arrived on the transport on Sunday. I have to do some sorting out to do to get it street legal, then inspected and tagged. It's had some customizing done some of which I'm going to reverse, such as it's "headlights" are in the bumper grills, and the headlight buckets have been stripped for a previous set of custom lights. It's going to be retro'd back to stock pop-up lights. Other electrical gremlins are present - horn, wipers etc. Waiting on my Haynes manual in the mail to see what wires go where. The fun begins. biggrin.gif
Aircooledfool
Belton. Hope to have a Bumblebee back on the road by spring.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(David J @ Dec 19 2012, 02:29 PM) *

I'm also in East Dallas by White Rock Lake. Going to take some pictures of my new car soon to post here. It's a wide body Renegade conversion from California. Arrived on the transport on Sunday. I have to do some sorting out to do to get it street legal, then inspected and tagged. It's had some customizing done some of which I'm going to reverse, such as it's "headlights" are in the bumper grills, and the headlight buckets have been stripped for a previous set of custom lights. It's going to be retro'd back to stock pop-up lights. Other electrical gremlins are present - horn, wipers etc. Waiting on my Haynes manual in the mail to see what wires go where. The fun begins. biggrin.gif

If you need the headlight bucket parts, I have them. Including the motors.

David J
Finally got around to taking some pictures at White Rock Lake, you might recognize this California car as being for sale on World a couple of months ago. The car has had a lot done to it - beefed chassis, 5 lug with Carrera front suspension and 944 calipers, Hartman Racing wheels with Yokohamas, nice interior, beefed 901 with H gears, and a pretty strong Renegade 355 Chevy conversion. As I mentioned in a previous post I have a lot of sorting to do to pass inspection, but I'm looking forward to meeting up with other teeners soon. My previous 914s were daily drivers, when I get this one straightened out it will be a DD too. Her name is Ruby.
bandjoey
Day Zha Vou. There's almost a twin car in the area! A Big V8 car too. Sorry, this is the best picture I could find.
aharder
David,

I'm in East Dallas also. biggrin.gif
Nice looking Car beerchug.gif
welcome.png
InkyP
icon_bump.gif

Hey DFW Teeners is there a thread that you all hang out on?

Looks like I will be moving back to the house I grew up in Richardson at the end of September. Gonna trailer my mean green teener machine down from the Seattle.

The gang up here has been great so looking for a new gang to get into trouble with down there.

Oh and I don't need a passport since I grew up there. 14.gif
Grelber
No real thread for just us. We hang out at Wes' some.
InkyP
Hopefully this fall we can get some Teeners together for a BBQ.
eyesright
I'll try to get down. My retro bumper '76 is on the road. I just took a 2000 mile trip and got 37 mpg. It runs great except I'm working on the idle....still hunts.
dknechtly
Hi, I'm up in Wylie! Had my current 914 this car for 31 years. Got the engine out right now. Hope to have it done soon.
aharder
East Dallas, Casa Linda / White Rock Lake biggrin.gif
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.