Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: End of the World
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
You now have less than a week to get those projects done, off the jack stands and a little driving done. If there's snow outside go for it anyway, after Friday it won't matter whether or not you've picked up a little extra rust. So git er done and go have some fun. biggrin.gif

Mike Bellis
Does anyone know exactly what time the world ends? I'm really busy so it would help with my time management. biggrin.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 16 2012, 06:09 PM) *

Does anyone know exactly what time the world ends? I'm really busy so it would help with my time management. biggrin.gif

According to Scotty's Milk jug- 207pm

IPB Image

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 16 2012, 03:09 PM) *

It actually ended last week. Where do you think you are?
turk22
Glad it was 60 degrees + today here in Cinci... I got to go out for a nice long drive this afternoon...
nsyr
6:11 AM EST
saigon71
I have always wondered about this...do you think the folks who believe the world will end on 12/21/12 will be pissed if it doesn't?

Wonder if they will be like "damn, I'm still here!" dry.gif

My car will still be on jackstands...hope the Mayan calendar is wrong...
scotty b
could someone in Az drive out and setup a camera to film this great splat event please ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY5Ogl7ROmU
sixaddict
So finally I will be caught up piratenanner.gif
Nine_14
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 17 2012, 12:18 AM) *

IPB Image

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Nine_14
must be right, found same milk in my fridge.

smoke.gif
euro911
Don't worry.

After all the scientists and historians tried to scare the shit out of everyone, one of them turned the calendar over and noticed the re-order form was left blank laugh.gif
Chris Pincetich
Hey - I'm a Y2K survivor and am confident I will survive this catastrophe too beerchug.gif
Besides, while I was Xmas shopping this weekend I saw the new Mayan Calendar. They're just a bit slow to release it....
happy11.gif
Cap'n Krusty
OOPS! Time to break open the wine cellar. Not sure I can drink a case and a half a day, but I should probably try ...................... Of course, that might make me grumpy, but I'm sure you folks will get used to the "new" me.

The Cap'n
Nine_14
av-943.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif av-943.gif
SLITS
We decided to cook up a bunch of Bratwurst while we float away into space. We are bringing our tools to work on our 914s as we float away also.

Beam me up Scotty!!!!
ThePaintedMan
At least I got a coat of paint on the car before it comes to an end. My life is now complete.
Tom_T
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 16 2012, 03:09 PM) *

According to semi-knowledgeable Histarians, it's at !2:21, but their unsure of decoding the AM or PM?

... others are still working on the inscriptions on the backside of the cog wheeled calendar stones, on wording which they think are the operating instructions, which appear to say in part, something along the lines of:

".... keep turning wheels, and when you get to the end of the calendar years, start over...."

laugh.gif

Okay, my flight outta here has arrived .... gotta go! very_first_smiley[1].gif
boogie_man
That should give us just enough time to complete the front & rear body panels
to have the entire car in primer !!! woooo/hoooo !!!!! piratenanner.gif
Elliot Cannon
OK, everyone relax. I'm on my way doon to the Yucatan to staighten this shit out once and for all. I'll keep you posted.
RickS
I have bad news for all ya all. The Aztecs didn't figure in leap years, so technically the world already ended. So are we in heaven, hell, or purgatory?

The milk jug was priceless.

Now waiting for the next end o the world prediction while watching the movie Melancholia http://vimeo.com/zentropa/melancholia
ripper911
IPB Image
DBCooper
For all you believers I'd like to mention that as a public service I WILL be available to guard your valuables after the impact/rapture, until you're able to come retrieve them. Just drop them off and I'll take care of the rest. PM me for details.
boogie_man
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Dec 18 2012, 04:14 AM) *

IPB Image

lol-2.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif
JStroud
Well this just isn't going to work for me, just got the white car back on the road, only been able to put 800 miles or so since the new 2056 went in. The yellow car is still in pieces....and haven't even started on the black GT car. Marks got the front end all tore apart on my work truck at his shop...my tractors in my shop waiting for an engine rebuild....and I still need to finish building the shop.

There's way too much to do, if the world ends Friday I'm going to be pissed!
I hate unfinished projects.

OK fine bring the stuff over....I'll finish the damn calendar so we can all move on.

Just in case I'm going to start drinking drunk.gif heavily Thursday night, if I'm not at your house to work Friday Mark, I'm sure you'll understand. w00t.gif

See you on the other side, I'm bringing at least one car with me av-943.gif

Jeff
Elliot Cannon
Relax. I'll be OK
tod914
I counted an extra baktun on the Oreo cookie. Think I'm good for another 144,000 days. Thanks Nabisco!
somd914
Why's everyone so bummed out about the world ending? Since there won't be a Christmas, I took all the gift money and bought goodies for the teener! driving.gif

Those Mayans better be right or I'm in deep stromberg.gif with the family come the 25th!
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 16 2012, 04:18 PM) *

IPB Image

Hahahaha! I like that one.
Johny Blackstain
What time zone was that calendar found in... central or mountain? Since I'm eastern I need to know so I can plant myself on the toilet accordingly @ either 1:00am or 2:00am... lol-2.gif
Nine_14
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 20 2012, 01:31 AM) *

Relax. I'll be OK

av-943.gif lol-2.gif
blitZ
beer3.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(blitZ @ Dec 20 2012, 09:05 AM) *

beer3.gif

Oooooo ..... Dr. Strangelove

or

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.

Gives new meaning to "Up in Smoke"

smoke.gif
DBCooper
Well crap, I woke up. This is certainly a disappointment. What was that deal about time zones again?

Uh oh. Anybody know how to get nasty e-mails back?
SLITS
I'm not really here.
flippa
These doomsday wackos are gonna be disappointed; somehow the Mayans were wrong and we are still here.

It is raining pretty hard here right now, does that count for anything? confused24.gif
Kirmizi
yellowsleep[1].gif
BKLA
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 19 2012, 04:31 PM) *

Relax. I'll be OK

lol-2.gif Made my morning!
ClayPerrine
I just can't believe it...

Everyone was running around making end of the world predictions like there was no tomorrow.

We are still here, so I guess the Doctor fixed everything.

Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Dec 21 2012, 08:25 AM) *

What was that deal about time zones again?

I figured you have to take into account the time zone the Mayan Empire was located in for the actual time. Since the Mayan empire was in the central time zone it was midnight on their clock, not anyone elses. Regardless, we're all still here... happy11.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 21 2012, 07:07 AM) *

I'm not really here.

I didn't think so.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(RickS @ Dec 17 2012, 09:47 PM) *

I have bad news for all ya all. The Aztecs didn't figure in leap years, so technically the world already ended. So are we in heaven, hell, or purgatory?

The milk jug was priceless.

Now waiting for the next end o the world prediction while watching the movie Melancholia http://vimeo.com/zentropa/melancholia

Didn't do all that well in history, right? The Mayans lived in a different part of Mexico, and hundreds of years earlier than the Aztecs.

The Cap'n
Nine_14
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Dec 17 2012, 05:41 PM) *

must be right, found same milk in my fridge.

smoke.gif

If it not works, can i drink my milk or not ?
Mike Bellis
Kind of bummed out... All this planning for the end of the world and NOTHING! I guess I have to finish my 914 now... piratenanner.gif
whatabout1
No ! You just have to buy the next millenniums edition. Yea, the culture faded before
they could print the adds.

Actually the new calendar is much better... You know a little more wink, wink, wink ! If you know what I mean.
Then there the part about ..... Well, you'll find out.

I might know where it's located. If you're interested it would be expensive. You know
dig'n it up , crating, shipping.... It's stone so it will be real heavy. $$$
euro911
They Mayans created a wonderfully accurate 5000-year calendar. It must have taken a long time from inception to actually carving the final item in stone. When it was finally finished, they probably thought they had plenty of time to carve the new one.

Unlike the several other cultures, however, apparently the Mayans never got a round tuit

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.