Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Accelerator cable bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rmital
switched to dual 34icts; now attempting to use the original distributor with the vacuum pod....and can't time the car because the bracket is in the way. It hits the pod when turning to time.

what you got??? or any suggestions on where to buy....
SUNAB914
How much clearance do you need? Maybe you can grind some off?
rmital
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Dec 17 2012, 09:47 AM) *

How much clearance do you need? Maybe you can grind some off?

I need at least an extra inch...should have taken a picture of the pod up against it. If I get no response, I'll post later tonight.
Gint

Take the pod off.
rmital
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 17 2012, 10:13 AM) *

Take the pod off.

was hoping to hook it up to the port on the throttle plate for better advance?????
euro911
If installing a new cable mount ('pod'?) in another location isn't an option, you might be think about removing the distributor drive and advance it a tooth or two (as needed), then the condenser will be located further away from the 'pod' which will allow you to adjust the timing several degrees.
IronHillRestorations
McMark makes a nice bracket.
rmital
QUOTE(9146986 @ Dec 17 2012, 01:49 PM) *

McMark makes a nice bracket.

I checked McMark original customs website, didn't see link to fabricated parts.
I guess I'll send him a PM asking.......

in the mean time, if anyone has a used one they don't need, I'll take it...
7TPorsh
I could use one too if available...
McMark
My bracket won't work with this, but I have something that might. Gotta find pics on my work computer.
rmital
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 21 2012, 02:15 AM) *

My bracket won't work with this, but I have something that might. Gotta find pics on my work computer.

that would be great Mark....I appreciate it!
ThePaintedMan
I've got a bracket that should clear that no problem. I think its the original bracket, but since the car was converted to carbs before I got it, I don't know. Send me a PM. I'll take a picture of it a little bit later and post it. Yours for the cost of shipping.
rmital
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Dec 21 2012, 09:56 AM) *

I've got a bracket that should clear that no problem. I think its the original bracket, but since the car was converted to carbs before I got it, I don't know. Send me a PM. I'll take a picture of it a little bit later and post it. Yours for the cost of shipping.

nice...sending you a PM..... piratenanner.gif
rmital
icon_bump.gif
ThePaintedMan
Sorry for the delay Ray. Here is a picture.
rmital
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Dec 25 2012, 12:27 PM) *

Sorry for the delay Ray. Here is a picture.

That looks perfect. I'll respond to your pm about the paypal
euro911
Ray, in taking a second look at your exiting bracket, can you grind the lower portion a little to provide the clearance you need for the condenser?
Gint
QUOTE(rmital @ Dec 17 2012, 08:40 AM) *

Take the pod off.

was hoping to hook it up to the port on the throttle plate for better advance?????

I found the vacuum advance on the last stock distributor I had took 10" of vacuum to turn it. The vacuum port on my Weber 40IDF only pulled 5". So it wasn't doing any good anyway. I put my Mallory on it and never looked back. Check your vacuum source and pod to see if it will even work.
rmital
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 25 2012, 01:19 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Dec 17 2012, 08:40 AM) *

Take the pod off.

I found the vacuum advance on the last stock distributor I had took 10" of vacuum to turn it. The vacuum port on my Weber 40IDF only pulled 5". So it wasn't doing any good anyway. I put my Mallory on it and never looked back. Check your vacuum source and pod to see if it will even work.

.....will do
rmital
the bracket from paintedman (George) worked pretty good. had to rearrange my pivot point to the other side of the oil filler. not the best linkage set up, but enough to keep me running. maybe once I'm sure this car will endure and be a decent driver I'll invest more money.... flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.