Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jenny, while you're out shopping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
industrial grade, 100 for $6.95. i go through them like water. they're tough (industrial grade), you can turn a loosened nut without the fingers tearing up. your hands will thank you.

kevin
anthony
Latex sucks. Vinyl gloves are totally the way to go.
boxstr
Be sure to get the one's that are pre-powdered, much easier to slip on, ohhyaa giddeyup.
CCLINCRAMERLAND
Joe Bob
QUOTE(anthony @ May 15 2003, 05:09 PM)
Latex sucks. Vinyl gloves are totally the way to go.

I wouldn't say THAT..... wub.gif
anthony
She can work on my car anytime. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
anthony, like the box states. latex free, vinyl.

kevin
anthony
I know. I was agreeing with you and seconding your recommendation.
Jenny
Can I get them at a hardware store?? Only thing I don't like about the powdered ones is you drip white stuff from your hands. Uck.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) if I get them for me, no one else will be able to fit in them!

Thanks for the heads up!

Jen
GWN7
I get mine at my local tool store. Most places carry them and you won't notice the powder. Think the last box I bought was about $4.00. Make sure you get ones to fit your hands. If you get too large of ones they will tear more easy.
Jenny
merci beauoup! clap56.gif

Jen
Mueller
jen,

Home Depot in the paint department...also, make sure you get more than one size if your size will be too small compared to Brians.

Sherryl wears the small size gloves and they actually hurt my hands to the point that I couldn't wear the small sized gloves anymore.
Joe Bob
Hey Mueller.....it's ONE hand in EACH glove....not both in one.... tongue.gif
Jenny
Don't know that Brian will be coming up this weekend to help. I think I'll be flying solo. Planning on staying up there this weekend to get more work done, instead of sitting in traffic on 19th trying to cross the bridge. fighting19.gif

Jen
Mueller
One thing that has not been mentioned...it is a good idea to have access to both vinyl and latex gloves sometimes due to the gloves breaking down due to the chemical/solvent that one might be using.

The glove is useless if it dissolves while using it smile.gif
rhodyguy
for solvents i use heavy duty rubber gloves, period. for dirty disassembly these pictured work fine. speaking of dirty, guess i'll repack the cv joints today. real fun.

kevin
Gint
I've found nitrile gloves (the blue ones) to be a good all-around protector. It's the only one that will hold up for an extended period of time cleaning parts in my solvent tank.
Joe Bob
When I do compliance inspections at Gas Stations and oil pumpers and the platforms offshore....we get the Nitrile glves as well. They are a bit more expensive but don't melt with contact with solvent and other types of dead dinosaurs.....
jimtab
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 16 2003, 10:10 AM)
jen,

Home Depot in the paint department...also, make sure you get more than one size if your size will be too small compared to Brians.

Sherryl wears the small size gloves and they actually hurt my hands to the point that I couldn't wear the small sized gloves anymore.

Please, no Home Despot plugs, most well stocked hardware stores sell good vinyl gloves at a fair price and don't have huge lines or preadatory business models. Also, I both buy and sell about 100 cases of gloves per month at our store and vinyl is fine but if you really want a good long wearing glove get Nitrile or nitrile based gloves. A bit more money but worth it. IMHO Jim
Gint
Harbor Freight has boxes of 100 nitrile for $11
Brad Roberts
We bought a box yesterday at OSH for 12.99 Extra large and ribbed for her pleasure (Nitrile..I wont use anything else)

B
Jenny
I didn't even end up using gloves. Burned my hand a good one with the heat gun though. You think the vinyl would have fused onto my hand if I'd worn gloves??

BTW, stripped all the sound deadening material off the floor. Only minimal surface rust!! boldblue.gif Oh yeah, it only took me a little over two hours to do the whole thing. I had some good instruction from Sir Andy and Br@dhole.

Oh, and it was nice to meet Seanery this weekend.

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ May 19 2003, 09:13 AM)
I had some good instruction from Sir Andy and Br@dhole.

you're welcome wink.gif
i didn't do much tho except getting a sunburn ...

Andy
Jenny
You burned? I thought you bathed yourself in sunblock! Yeah, I ended up with some funky tan lines as well. blink.gif
Jen
Gint
I didn't even end up using gloves. Burned my hand a good one with the heat gun though. You think the vinyl would have fused onto my hand if I'd worn gloves??

Well, yeah, I guess if you're going to heat your hand instead of the work it might provide you with a new "skin".

Kidding Jen. Good for you. Keep at it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ May 19 2003, 10:24 AM)
You burned? I thought you bathed yourself in sunblock! Yeah, I ended up with some funky tan lines as well. blink.gif

yeah, thought so too. apparently missed a big spot on my back.
oh well, next time i'll just have you oil me up right rolleyes.gif

btw. i think your tan-line is hilarious!
Andy
Jenny
I'll post pics of it later tonight. I have to say it's really satisfying to see some results. The car looked like doggy doo-doo a week ago.

Jen
Gint
btw. i think your tan-line is hilarious!

I'll post pics of it later tonight.

Yeah! I want to see pics of your hilarious tan line too.
Jenny
NOOOOOOO!!!! I was going to post pics of the CAR tonight. But I'll see if I can get some pics of my tan-lines as well. They're pretty funny. I'll also include a pic of my contusion (I had a run-in with the targa top.) I'm falling apart... sad.gif

Jen
Bleyseng
Atleast you are working on your car and getting it done. Pretty satisfying when you look at what you have accomplished at the end of the day besides getting a tan.
I look for the pics too.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.