Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simple cupholder, cheap too.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carl
I'm almost embarassed to post this because it's so easy (note the "almost"), but someone out there might find it helpful.

Go to your local hardware store, get a plastic 4" x 3" sewer pipe reducer, glue an end cap on it, stick on a little velcro and you're done. It sticks to any carpet that's the loop-type - 914:yes, 911:no and it keeps your drink from rolling around on the floor.

It ain't pretty but it works. Sorry for the Andyesque photos.
Carl
next
Carl
next, again.
Carl
last one.
bryanthompson
What do people drink when they're driving around that doesn’t have a lid or a screw-on cap? Bottled water, bottled pop, even those 24-oz cups have the tight lids and slidey drink holes… I don’t think a coffee cup would fit in any normal cupholder, and it’d be risky to drive with anything without a lid. Just screw a lid on it, throw it on the seat next to you or hold it between your legs biggrin.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(bryanthompson @ Nov 7 2004, 08:57 PM)
What do people drink when they're driving around that doesn’t have a lid or a screw-on cap?

Quad-shot butterscotch latte. Half-n-half, whip, a sprinkle of cinnamon, three sugars. coffee.gif

That's my FIRST coffee drink of the day.
chunger
most of the time it's when I'm coming out of a fast food place and have just refilled my soda. . . nice to put it somewhere. . . screw-on lid.
mharrison
This is a cool idea! Thanks for the tip! No more $3 cupholder buys on eBay for $12 heh..heh.... I wonder how many people bought that.
Sparky
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Nov 7 2004, 07:08 PM)
Quad-shot butterscotch latte. Half-n-half, whip, a sprinkle of cinnamon, three sugars. coffee.gif

Thats a coffee???!!! Now this is the perfect recipe for coffee:

Noir comme le diable, chaud comme l'enfer, pur comme un ange, doux comme l'amour

(Black as the devil,hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love)

Mike D.
wheelo
Good Idea, might work for some, with my driving it must have a screw-on lid ... and be secured! I have a commuter mug now that has a handle, it goes between the legs, or can even clip on the driver's door compartment ...with Black Coffee... only thanks... no double ladee da with a twist of low fat shmo and some sweetie sweet with a cinnamon dash... for me (Gag!)

smoke.gif
Carl
I've got one of those Thermos mugs with a screw-on lid. This holder holds it without tipping. Even with the cinnamon sprinkles.

If you use a cup with a handle then the holder can be cut with a hack saw to fit the handle.
Brad Roberts
Carl,

please check your email (health related)

B
DougC
Yeah, for me cup holders are a necessity on any street car. Lids from fastfood places don't stay on thier cups while holding 'em between your legs. I had a crash once (not my fault) where this lady pulled out in front of me (she assumed a 4way stop) when I smashed into her rear door my 32oz drink from Popeye's exploded in my lap, so now I had to get out and deal with her bad additude while my crotch was soaked..looked like I pee'd on myself (LOL), I'd never be without cupholders again. Thanks for the tip!

Doug C
larryp
Jeez, doesn't anybody sail in this place. Just get yourself to a boat store and pick up a stainless mug.
Carl
QUOTE(larryp @ Nov 8 2004, 01:50 PM)
Jeez, doesn't anybody sail in this place. Just get yourself to a boat store and pick up a stainless mug.

That's great as long as you've got it with you.
Eric_Shea
Quad-shot butterscotch latte. Half-n-half, whip, a sprinkle of cinnamon, three sugars.

Rusty... blink.gif

I thought you was in the Mil-tary... I didn't know you was a flight attendant?? w00t.gif
mercdev
That sounds more like melted ice cream to me.

...of course I get the triple-shot vanilla breve latte myself wink.gif
Randal
I'm almost embarassed to post this because it's so easy (note the "almost"), but someone out there might find it helpful

What a great idea, finally something that will work in my pickup.

Got mine at Home Depot tonight. No more coffee spilling on my leg.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Nov 7 2004, 08:08 PM) *

<!-- QuoteBegin-bryanthompson+Nov 7 2004, 08:57 PM --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bryanthompson @ Nov 7 2004, 08:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> What do people drink when they're driving around that doesn’t have a lid or a screw-on cap? <!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

You don't like the taste of coffee much, do yuh ? ........................ The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.