Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear end Noise - ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fat73
I have a noise coming from what sounds like the left side rear that's a clunk clunk sound that has the rhythm of the speed of the final drive or rotation of the stub axles. It happens once the car has been driven for about 10 miles and appears to be most pronounced under acceleration and seems to go away or hard to hear when the clutch is depressed. It happened today then after about another 8 miles it went away or got really hard to hear. I thought it might be cvs but not sure. Ideas?

Ed
ConeDodger
If you're lucky you just need to tighten your CV joint bolts. I'd not count on it though...
JawjaPorsche
That would be my first guess. CV Joints.
Dr Evil
Loose suspension arm is another possibility.
fat73
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Dec 18 2012, 06:23 PM) *

That would be my first guess. CV Joints.

I wonder if I have some dry or glued up cvs that loosen up after heating up and clank around until the grease heats up and spreads out....I'll check tomorrow...they're 500 HP axles and beefier cvs. Car is not driven very often. Sometimes once a month.

Ed
76-914
yank the shaft side to side. does it clunk? idea.gif That's the only way that I know to check 'em.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.