Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jan 01, Dawn Patrol Run, first one for 2013
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
phatnine11
Can anyone think of a better way of ringing in the new year than a run up GMR to Baldy then out for breakfast? chowtime.gif What say you! If anyone is interested, we can meet @ the Starbucks in the shopping center on the corner of Lone Hill and Route 66 @ 06:30. With a little luck, we can head up by 07:00. On our last run we hit a diner in Rancho Cucamonga, I believe they are open on New Years day. I figure most folks might be sleeping a party off or watching the Rose Parade. Any thoughts?
Phatnine11
euro911
Sounds like a plan idea.gif

I haven't been on a 'New Years' Day Run' for several years. We used to do the 'Howard Run' on Mulholland driving.gif
silver74insocal
popcorn[1].gif should be in....
lagunero
That Diner served some great food!
76-914
I'm in driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Black22
I would love to go on one last run with the SoCal crew...but I will be working that day.

I also just purchased a house in Oregon that the family and I will be moving to in March 2013!

So as much as I would like to see you all one last time, I'm not sure I will. At least not in SoCal. I will now be a part of the PNW crew, but I will always be SoCal at heart! At least I'll be closer to WCR 2013!!! See you all there!!

Going to sure miss the Halloween run and G&R with you guys.
euro911
Sorry to hear, Mike (the 'working that day' part), and all the best on your relocation up north.

You're welcome here anytime you come back down to visit beerchug.gif

idea.gif Maybe we can schedule a Palos Verdes Run and breakfast at the Pacific Diner in San Pedro before you leave confused24.gif
ntrylvl
Cesar,

You know I'm in. And I'll bring a Porsche. I just don't know how many cylinders it will have....

CH
914_teener
QUOTE(ntrylvl @ Dec 19 2012, 01:29 PM) *

Cesar,

You know I'm in. And I'll bring a Porsche. I just don't know how many cylinders it will have....

CH

I'm in.......wife in the passenger seat....or driver seat... drunk.gif
Elliot Cannon
I'm going to a wedding and reception New Years Eve. I won't be worth much the next day except staring into space. So what else is new? (Beat ya to it). lol-2.gif
ntrylvl
Cesar,

Count Stallcup in as well. He's defecting from the TRE drive to hang with the smaller crew.

C
914-300Hemi
Sounds like fun. count my wife and me in.
oldschool
That sounds cool.....hope I can keep up driving.gif
ntrylvl
QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 23 2012, 06:55 PM) *

That sounds cool.....hope I can keep up driving.gif

No barfy barf.gif
oldschool
lol....ill try not 2
914_teener
QUOTE(Black22 @ Dec 19 2012, 09:07 AM) *

I would love to go on one last run with the SoCal crew...but I will be working that day.

I also just purchased a house in Oregon that the family and I will be moving to in March 2013!

So as much as I would like to see you all one last time, I'm not sure I will. At least not in SoCal. I will now be a part of the PNW crew, but I will always be SoCal at heart! At least I'll be closer to WCR 2013!!! See you all there!!

Wow....you? You grew up down here....your family is an institution in So Cal.

Mike good luck on the move. Great car as well moving up North. You should skip work.... stirthepot.gif happy11.gif
Black22
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 27 2012, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Black22 @ Dec 19 2012, 09:07 AM) *

Wow....you? You grew up down here....your family is an institution in So Cal.

Mike good luck on the move. Great car as well moving up North. You should skip work.... stirthepot.gif happy11.gif

I know right? Me move out of SoCal! Leave my job with LA County? Well LA is not the same place as when I grew up in the 70's sad.gif , so I've got to give the little guy a better life. The rest of the family will be here.

Thanks for the thoughts...I might just get sick that day happy11.gif

Hope the wedding was GREAT!
phatnine11
Just a bump for anyone who might have missed this thread and is looking for something to do on New Years Day.
Phatnine11
mittelmotor
Count me in! It'll be nice to meet some of you colorful characters in person. beerchug.gif

I'm pulling the gear stack in a couple of days for the Dr. Evil treatment, so it'll be good to get in a scenic drive on a crisp January day, before she goes up on jack stands.

--Doug
ntrylvl
bump
76-914
Unless someone says the roads are closed tonite, hasta manana. driving.gif
Black22
happy11.gif I think I feel a little cold coming on happy11.gif

Maybe Starbucks @ 6am in Glendora is the only cure! happy11.gif

See you tomorrow for one last laugh!!! biggrin.gif
914_teener
OK....just got the muffler bracket back on!

Had to take the whole friggen muff off.

Now I am ready to go.

Good to see ya comin Mike.
76-914
You do know that Mike's wife used to make these events until she met poke.gif Ron. bootyshake.gif
Black22
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 31 2012, 07:28 PM) *

You do know that Mike's wife used to make these events until she met poke.gif Ron. bootyshake.gif

lol-2.gif Yeah, I think Ron & Elliot cornered her at the Halloween run and that was all she wrote! av-943.gif
Enjoy the Ride Guys!

Going to pick up two 16x6 for nephew this morning- other wise I too will join in.

Happy 2013!
76-914
QUOTE(Black22 @ Dec 31 2012, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 31 2012, 07:28 PM) *

lol-2.gif Yeah, I think Ron & Elliot cornered her at the Halloween run and that was all she wrote! av-943.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif Sewe ya in an hour or so. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Black22
I'm the only teener here!!!
lagunero
QUOTE(Black22 @ Jan 1 2013, 06:04 AM) *

I'm the only teener here!!!

I was gonna get up...but that was the tequila talking. Sorry to have missed your temporary last SoCal run.

If someone gets a signal up there, please PM the breakfast stop address.
SLITS
mad.gif I am not a lecher ... but then my motto is and has always been ... "8 to 80, blind, crippled or crazy, it's all good".

At least I don't drool yet!

I didn't fix my heat and it was to friggin' cold at 6:30 AM. No amount of Starbutts would overcome that.
oldschool
Click to view attachment confused24.gif
oldschool
Chris...how was it stromberg.gif lol-2.gif
mittelmotor
Fun times! It was great meeting you guys. I hope everyone avoided the ice patches and dodged the rocks on the backside of the mountain. Here's a few more pics, to complement the excellent ones already posted.

--Doug

mittelmotor
A few more:

914_teener
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 1 2013, 12:27 PM) *

....."well....see Dad.......this post jumped out in front of me........"

76-914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 1 2013, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 1 2013, 12:27 PM) *

....."well....see Dad.......this post jumped out in front of me........"

AKA a Whiskey Bump. Everything was going just a little too smoothly. No breakdowns, no "out of gas" conditions, no traffic. Just balls to the walls fun. The turns are such that a 1.7 is as good as a six. Anyway back to the story. So were tooling up the mountainside and come across this guy slumped over the wheel. We had to wait for the CHP officer for what seemed an eternity. chair.gif I suggested that we tie him to the bumper with a note and get on with our ride but was quickly vetoed. happy11.gif It was a blast and the final run for Blackie with her current configuration. After a year of tune, tune, re-tune, cuss, fuss, muss, praying, more cussing, fingerpointing, backtracking and ultimately having a very stable idling and running DJet, (balanced, EuroSpec, Raby cam /911 valve train combo, 90 hr's on the rebuild) I sold the drivetrain today. It will be awhile before Blackie is back on the road. shades.gif
Black22
Here it the 20 min. video of me and my car staring at Kents wild ride (and rearend). Before anyone says anything about Kents driving, be forewarned, the man hates double yellow lines! shades.gif

http://youtu.be/U6CoONpEjKA

Sorry guys, the video after the "crash" did not load up. confused24.gif So the tales of "it was a snowy and icy ride" will never be known to anyone else but us.

**Side note**- It was great to take one last ride with you guys...I will miss this crew of teeners here in SoCal. hissyfit.gif sad.gif You guys are the best! first.gif beerchug.gif

***EDIT*** New link! Video is up!
oldschool
QUOTE(Black22 @ Jan 1 2013, 06:20 PM) *

Here it the 20 min. video of me and my car staring at Kents wild ride (and rearend). Before anyone says anything about Kents driving, be forewarned, the man hates double yellow lines! shades.gif

http://youtu.be/E5XmqrzA0NU

**EDIT**Give it a couple of hours and he video will be up. It is processing at YouTube now

Sorry guys, the video after the "crash" did not load up. confused24.gif So the tales of "it was a snowy and icy ride" will never be known to anyone else but us.

**Side note**- It was great to take one last ride with you guys...I will miss this crew of teeners here in SoCal. hissyfit.gif sad.gif You guys are the best! first.gif beerchug.gif

Dude...you got 3 month confused24.gif
Black22
Yeah 3 months of wrapping up loose ends...usually that doesn't mean twisties in the car...or does it?
lagunero
QUOTE(Black22 @ Jan 1 2013, 06:47 PM) *

Yeah 3 months of wrapping up loose ends...usually that doesn't mean twisties in the car...or does it?

so we'll just have to meet up with you in Hollywood. There's gotta be a bar around there, somewhere...
euro911
Again, we can try to squeeze in a Pacific Diner/Cafe in San Pedro and PV run confused24.gif

I still have copies of the route we mapped out last time happy11.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 1 2013, 08:56 PM) *

Again, we can try to squeeze in a Pacific Diner/Cafe in San Pedro and PV run confused24.gif

agree.gif No twistes ....I'm in aktion035.gif
dfelz
Sounds and looks like a fun time! If I had mine running i surely would have been there! Maybe ill swing by the meeting location next time just to meet all of you, I would go for the drive too, but a G35 coupe would look odd running with a pack of 70's porsches!

Happy new year though beerchug.gif
euro911
We don't discriminate on what folks drive. I happen to like G35s. Run what you brung driving.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(dfelz @ Jan 1 2013, 11:18 PM) *

Sounds and looks like a fun time! If I had mine running i surely would have been there! Maybe ill swing by the meeting location next time just to meet all of you, I would go for the drive too, but a G35 coupe would look odd running with a pack of 70's porsches!

Happy new year though beerchug.gif

Dude just come...you can ride along also...
oldschool

Mark whats that run all about. confused24.gif
Black22

idea.gif
euro911
Just breakfast at a nice Cafe and about an hour drive through the Palos Verdes peninsula. Some twisties, but not bad + we need to watch our speed because it goes through some residential areas.
7TPorsh
hmmm...Rolling Hills
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.