Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "One of the Best 914's in the World?"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
Saw this new listing on Ebay. Concourse Winner. Rust Free. (I wish those door hinge bolts were painted, they are bugging me!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item27ce220a0d

sean_v8_914
no
r_towle
nice car, I hope he gets the money.
To many things to pick at to refute his claims.

Guy needs to learn all about paragraphs...

No records for over a decade or more and 34k documented miles makes me smile.

The original motor is gone, therefore it would never pass muster at any car show ever again.

If you are interested in buying it, call Brad who restored it, he will be honest and tell you what he knows.

Rich
Socalandy
Looks like a really nice car but in my opinion Carbs, badges, stereo, gauges and a lot of other little s things in the photos it should have racked up a lot of negative points twords a concourse win
ConeDodger
Mark Heard will know this car. That is the city he lives in. Maybe his car? Doubt it though. His screen name here is 914sixer.

That is one nice car though. biggrin.gif
URY914
It makes me tired trying to read that shit.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Dec 19 2012, 08:39 AM) *

Looks like a really nice car but in my opinion Carbs, badges, stereo, gauges and a lot of other little s things in the photos it should have racked up a lot of negative points twords a concourse win

PCA concours is all about preparation and lacks focus on originality these days. At least at the regional level. Parade might be different...
Nine_14
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Dec 19 2012, 03:34 PM) *

Saw this new listing on Ebay. Concourse Winner. Rust Free. (I wish those door hinge bolts were painted, they are bugging me!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item27ce220a0d

agree.gif
toolguy
True Concour cars stand on their own merit, and these pictures speak for themselves. . where is the shot of the bottom of the car ?

As for the car and collectible status. . wrong engine. . an major mistake. From the pictures, I see definite lack of attention to detail, and that is what Concour Competition is all about. .

And he spelled Concours wrong to boot. . It's not 'Concourse", or maybe they do it differently in the Big T. .

With the 's' but no 'e', and the "s" is silent. . .
eric9144
Wow, if that's one of the best in the world then I have vastly underestimated my own 914 blink.gif

I'll gladly park mine side by side with that one and let you guys decide first.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(toolguy @ Dec 19 2012, 09:51 AM) *

spelled Concour wrong to boot. . It's not 'Concourse", or maybe they do it differently in the Big T. .

I think you need a little s
carr914
Not even close - as been said, they are many thing to pick at
ThePaintedMan
I know nothing about concourse cars, nor do I ever plan to own one. But the first thing I saw was the carbs, which would immediately put it out of the running, I would think. Not to mention all the other things people have mentioned. I too wish people would stop trying to make their cars something that they are not. That being said, it looks like a nice driver.
Elliot Cannon
Nice car? Absolutely. One of the best in the world? Absolutely not.
bandjoey
Super nice car and will probably bring a good price. The rusty window and hinge bolts throw me off.
In pics 17&18 it looks like paint lines from shines to dull paint. A respray possibly?
914runnow
Send this over to Pat Garvey
History/Originality....
and watch the fireworks fly...
Guess I will throw one in too...
The lighter bezel is the replacement.
not the original...
and a host of 'anomolies'.....
"nuff said"..
jsayre914
Nice car

agree.gif

Not the best in the world

biggrin.gif
JawjaPorsche
Driver's side rear wheel cap is missing Porsche emblem, driver's door pocket has big gash, radio dash plate looks like crap.......Nice car but not in top 10%.
URY914
Maybe he lives in a small world.
r_towle
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 19 2012, 04:14 PM) *

Maybe he lives in a small world.

And where is the Headquarters?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(914runnow @ Dec 19 2012, 03:10 PM) *

History/Originality....
not the original...
"nuff said"..

agree.gif lol-2.gif
I too hope he gets the coin for it but how this ever won a concours is beyond me... no way it could pass any kind of originality test.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Dec 19 2012, 02:08 PM) *

QUOTE(914runnow @ Dec 19 2012, 03:10 PM) *

History/Originality....
not the original...
"nuff said"..

agree.gif lol-2.gif
I too hope he gets the coin for it but how this ever won a concours is beyond me... no way it could pass any kind of originality test.

Johnny, nice of you to crawl out of the woodwork!

Once again, the reason this thing could win a concours is because the PCA no longer judges on originality at the regional level. It doesn't have to be original to win. Mine, with its 2432 motor and such always at least places. It is judged on concours preparation. Everyone got that? Doesn't have to be original to win. That world exists only in Pat Garvey's mind... smile.gif
Johny Blackstain
Seems wrong to me that originality does not matter for "concours" anymore. Now I have to wonder what I'm gonna do w/ my complete 5 piece set of original creamsicle wheels w/ skinny tires- got my fat set on my LE now. Also have a Bursch on the LE & an original muffler up in the attic... blink.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 19 2012, 02:20 PM) *

Once again, the reason this thing could win a concours is because the PCA no longer judges on originality at the regional level. It doesn't have to be original to win.

agree.gif At the one and only event I ever entered the judge flat out told me it was a cleaning contest.

tod914
"For references to my character and the level of cars that I own you can contact Jones Autowerks in San Antonio Tx., Austin Speed Shop in Austin Tx. and Carrs Corvettes and Customs in Plano Tx. and mention my name"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-O...=item27cdf20912

Nice patina!
stateofidleness
I think I've seen this car in person. Not been to Jones Autowerks.. might have to check them out!
tod914
Sounds like they are very reputable shop stateof. Very nice 914 he is selling, just don't think it quite lives up to it's description.
Have to agree with some of the PCA comments. Unfortunetly there just isn't enough 914's attending the events like there use to be. I recall back in 01, there were consistantly ten or so 914s that would compete. Not the case anymore. I even got lumped in the 356s and 928s several years ago. The NNJR's 55th event had a nice 914 turnout. Maybe six 914s including a M471 factory car. In the Zone and Parade you'll see more of that old school type judging. That's certianly my preference.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 19 2012, 04:36 PM) *

Sounds like they are very reputable shop stateof. Very nice 914 he is selling, just don't think it quite lives up to it's description.
Have to agree with some of the PCA comments. Unfortunetly there just isn't enough 914's attending the events like there use to be. I recall back in 01, there were consistantly ten or so 914s that would compete. Not the case anymore. I even got lumped in the 356s and 928s several years ago. The NNJR's 55th event had a nice 914 turnout. Maybe six 914s including a M471 factory car. In the Zone and Parade you'll see more of that old school type judging. That's certianly my preference.

rgalla9146
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 19 2012, 08:39 PM) *

QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 19 2012, 04:36 PM) *

Nice hood emblem.
Is George selling descriptions ?
tod914
Lol Rorey, think you might be right. Are you, Ray and the crew up for a bite to eat at Kirkers Inn sometime? A German resturant in Hawthorne. I'd like to check it out. Has a good beer selection and reviews. Sorry for the off topic post beer.gif
larryM
as i've said before

98% of concours judges at local region shows have no clue about correctness of a 914

PCA concours is 99.5% about white-glove cleanliness

- they don't know & don't give a damn about originality -only care if it is showroom clean

- none of them have any clue about 914 correctness cuz they are almost all 911 folks who never owned or drove a 914, and they are recruited at the last minute at the event no matter what their credentials may be

get over it

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.