I think I already know what your gonna say dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

rolleyes.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 19 2012, 12:29 PM) *
Please read my plugs

Did you cut power to the engine while under load?
If not, reading the plugs is pretty much useless!

The ones shown look to be lean.
popcorn[1].gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 19 2012, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 19 2012, 12:29 PM) *
Please read my plugs

Did you cut power to the engine while under load?
If not, reading the plugs is pretty much useless!

The ones shown look to be lean.
popcorn[1].gif

Nope. blink.gif

I just changed plugs, adjusted the valves. they were all very close only had to adust a few and they were VERY close. Bucking under heavy load is now non existant. confused24.gif

I am very happy with my new 2056, and I got lots o power biggrin.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

FourBlades

This is my understanding, maybe the more crusty members can comment:

If your engine is out of tune for a while, either too rich or too lean, you probably will need to replace all your plugs once you get it dialed in. I don't think it takes too much running rich to ruin a set of plugs.

You may need to replace your plugs just to dial it in at all.

So if you have been having problems for a while and changed jets, etc, etc, think about at least looking at your plugs when you think you are done.

John
jsayre914
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Dec 19 2012, 03:45 PM) *

So if you have been having problems for a while and changed jets, etc, etc, think about at least looking at your plugs when you think you are done.

John

I have been messing around with AFR for a while, now I think Iv got it.

so i need to drive it hard for a couple of days, then get it up to speed and turn the key off, roll to the side of the road and check them blink.gif
VaccaRabite
Or just plumb in a wideband O2 sensor and hook up the 4 way temp sensors you have.

Reading plugs with ethanol is hard, and you already have the bungs and monitoring equipment to tell you way more information then your plugs could tell you.

Sounds to me like you just need to be driving now though.

Zach
FourBlades

My comments were more for people having similar tuning problems.

Just be aware that it can affect your plugs and cause on going problems until you change them.

I was running rich for a while when I had carbs and could not seem to get things right. When I finally changed my plugs then everything was good. I probably had it good for a while before that without knowing it because of the coked up plugs I had.

John
jsayre914
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 19 2012, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(FourBlades @ Dec 19 2012, 03:45 PM) *

John

I have been messing around with AFR for a while, now I think Iv got it.

so i need to drive it hard for a couple of days, then get it up to speed and turn the key off, roll to the side of the road and check them blink.gif

smoke.gif

O.k. o.k.

so if im understanding you right, i should take the gauges that I purchased and actually install them in the car confused24.gif biggrin.gif

and...

if you have a 4 channel cht, wideband AFR, fuel pressure, and oil temp gauge....

you dont need to read the plugs ???

smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif bye1.gif
Kirmizi
http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Spark_Plugs_catalog.html

Joe, there's some plug photos you could probably use for comparison.
There's quite a few variables in the real evaluation though due to ethanol, unleaded gas, etc...
Hope it helps. biggrin.gif

Mike
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 19 2012, 04:49 PM) *

smoke.gif

O.k. o.k.

so if im understanding you right, i should take the gauges that I purchased and actually install them in the car confused24.gif biggrin.gif

and...

if you have a 4 channel cht, wideband AFR, fuel pressure, and oil temp gauge....

you dont need to read the plugs ???

smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif bye1.gif

Reading plugs tells you what, exactly? Rich/Lean and average heat at the point of time that you killed the ignition.

Your gauges tells you what your plugs tell you, plus a lot more. And you can do it real time w/o killing your engine while WOT to get an accurate plug reading.... You have the stuff already. Put it in your car! bootyshake.gif

Zach

Zach
scotty b
Engine is shot. Put a Sooby in it. It's yer only hope now sad.gif
r_towle
You have both o2 and egt gauges?

I think you should read more, relax, and think about what you are going to do with those gauges.....oh look a chicken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.