Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Spam Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
I use Mailwasher and it works pretty good. I don't open any of my spam, just delete and bounce all of it. But for about 3 months now I've been getting the same spam message over and over. It's being sent about 8 per hour or almost 200 per day. I bounce every one back but it doesn't help. This is the sender and title:
Vanessa(alma47371@sunlink.net) - "We have the cheapest medications"
I just wondered if anyone else has the same spammer hitting them. I also wonder how he can rotate his list so quickly to send that many everyday and why it's worth it to send the same message to the same person when it all gets bounced back? I guess I just don't understand the mind or reasoning of a spammer.
Brad Roberts
I had to turn off my Brad@ALL914.com email address because it was all over Google from the old DGI.net 914club classifieds... No more spam.

I like mailwasher.. it does work well.

Hi Andrew wavey.gif

B
Rusty
Is Mailwasher a client program, or something to be loaded on the server like Spam Assassin?
drew365
Hey Brad; you going to Button Willow next month? I'm doing my first racers clinic so I can run with the big boys.
Joe Bob
My ISP just added a new spam blocker.....cuts it down to a trickle...contact them and see if thye ahve the same service....if not...consider and ew ISP or change your email address..
Brad Roberts
Yes.. I will be at Buttonwillow (confirmed this yesterday) We will be running a RSR EVO in the Enduro and sprint race.

Mailwasher goes on your computer and watches the incoming mail.

B
anthony
The spammer doesn't care about you bouncing the mail back to them. They are using a forged address anyway so your bounce is not going anywhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.