Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's using -AN fittings?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
i've got the old motor out and plans for a new one on the way.

meanwhile, i'm looking to re-plumb the fuel system to feed some 44idf's (jet and venturi questions forthcoming).

Who's using SS-braided hose and AN fittings? i'm looking for someone to convince me to drop some $$ on shiny little expensive things.
Brad Roberts
Why ? your "carbs barf.gif " only need 3-5 psi... NO need for braided lines and fittings. Looks cool... waste of money.

WTF are you doing Nathan ?? CARBS ?? have you missed all of Andy's BULLSHIT with his carbs ?

B
nebreitling
i just can't figure out d-jet!!

just kidding...

i've got a running "core" (3yr old rebuild) in quite good shape with very few hours on it. pretty hot elgin cam. carbs included...
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 07:24 PM)

WTF are you doing Nathan ?? CARBS ?? have you missed all of Andy's BULLSHIT with his carbs ?

B

Sure have....kinda makes one wonder idea.gif
Some people have nuthin' but trouble with them.
Others don't. Why do you suppose that is?
I'm stumped confused24.gif

BTW, I did AN on my fuel lines.....your right, it's pricy and as Brad says, it's a waste of money.....but it does look cool.
Got a pic somewhere biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Ah.....yes, a pic
Brad Roberts
Ignition ??

I have NO idea why some carbs work better than others. My problem is: I cant tell when they are worn or not worn.

I just know I dont have ANY flat spots or issues with the injected cars...

B
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 07:44 PM)

I just know I dont have ANY flat spots or issues with the injected cars...

B

Ayup, and no power to boot laugh.gif
A little pain for a lot of gain.

I really don't knock anybody that has FI....4 or 6.....but they both are hp limiters.....till you get into mega-buck setups.
They will run with a big bumpstick and make more power than carbs. If I could afford it, I might think about getting a FI system that costs more than rest of my motor.....maybe.
machina
Earl's makes a special fitting for our webers that adapt the fuel inlet to a -6 AN.

I know the pressure limits don't justify the SS lines but they are a pleasure to work with once they are fabricated. 1/4 turn after hand tight and you are done.

Each end is like a little jewel, I love this stuff.

I never had a carburated car. Even my old alfa Giulia had Spica mechanical fuel injection. My very short experience has been great so far, thanks to Jake I'm sure. Motor starts every time cold or hot on the first rotation. No misses or stumbles all thru the rev range. I know the hyfire CD box helps that. I did mess up my idle by mucking with the idle adjustments. I'll have to learn to synch these things, just bought a meter for that.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 07:44 PM)
I have NO idea why some carbs work better than others. My problem is: I cant tell when they are worn or not worn.

"jess poke ye a little wore (wire) in that hole to un plug it"

I wonder how many carbs have been trashed by someone doing just this!

The problem with Webers is exactly what Brad says. You can have a set that looks great and runs like crap, and never figure out why.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.