Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Salvage Yard List
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharrison
Does anyone know of a fairly comprehensive Porsche Salvage Yard list? If not, perhaps we should begin compiling one. I think it would be a great resource for all the members. My Yamaha XJ Motorcycle Owners Group has one and it is steadily upgraded and revised.
Brad Roberts
I can name them all off... but then I would be shooting myself in the foot LOL

Here are the ones I have personally dealt with:

EASY (Emoryville Ca.)
PartsHeaven (Hayward Ca.)
Oklahoma Foreign
AAA Small Car world (before Ford bought them)

B
nickg
here you go
www.car-part.com
Brad Roberts
Where are they located Nick ?

B
nickg
that is the "inside" website for almost every yard in north america using a locater system. I work in marketing for car companies and recyclers like lkq corp and greenleaf. use the dropdown menus and search away.......most times anything old(say 93 or older ) are fairly cheap unless they specialize in foreign(and thus have a clue) i have gotten 3.6 motors for 1200 and 3.0 or 3.2's for less than 500
don't expect to jsut find what you want the first try, just keep an eye on it and be prepared to buy when the deal pops up(there are lots of other guys using it)
gregrobbins
20th Street Auto Parts, Phoenix. Porsche, Audi, and Corvette wrecking yard.

20th Street Auto Parts
Brad Roberts
Ummm.. Roger that Nick. Your my new best friend. Just what you needed huh ??LOL

I'll edit your post for you ...so we can keep this between us.. happy11.gif

B
Brad Roberts
Nick,

how you would *you* go about marketing the 914club ?

B
nickg
geeze, i would have to think about it. it really bears down to what you want to do.
me? i would do cross promotions, work out deals with venders so that paying(establish different levels of membership) members see value in the subscription. I worked for Rapid parts and helped out with Waterfest for 6 years(for those who do not know what Waterfest is, it is the largets watercoold VW show in North America) establish a focal point for the year's activity, invest in the activity, build a strong following for that activity....advertise it as a must see, must do for the target customer. there is a reason shows like the nopi nationals, waterfest, h2o international and other like it succeed immenesely. I would be glad to make a few suggestions if you wanted
Brad Roberts
I emailed you Nick. I'm highly interested in speaking with you offline.

I havent ran across any other marketing guy's with a 914 background.

I have one rule I follow when looking for help on the clubsite... must be a 914 person.

B
double-a
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 08:30 PM)
I emailed you Nick. I'm highly interested in speaking with you offline.

I havent ran across any other marketing guy's with a 914 background.

I have one rule I follow when looking for help on the clubsite... must be a 914 person.

B

i spent three years in advertising, been a web design monkey for five, graphic design since '93-ish. i can help out as needed.

i consider myself a 914 guy with a design/advertising background wink.gif

~a
Brad Roberts
damn it Aaron.. I knew the admins and I had discussed someone on the upper left coast helping us out.. just couldnt recall who it was...LOL

I now recall how we "met" you..LOL

I'll send you an email also.

B
redshift
<--- My back yard, Otto ships his -radio edit- here.

M
double-a
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 08:42 PM)
I now recall how we "met" you..LOL

laugh.gif

~a
bondo
What I would find helpful is a post to the bbs/forum/garage/whatever when a 914 is found in a pick-n-pull or other such self service wrecking yard. Those places are great, but 914s rarely turn up at them. If I see one I'll be sure to post a note of what's left and what wrecking yard it's at. (after I strip it of anything I need of course) smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.