Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relay kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
With the pilot driving lights in, and the upgraded Hella, 55W/100W lamps in, do I need a relay for the Pilot lights, and the head lamps, or just the head lamps? Is there a round relay that I could swap out with the one on the fuse block that would handle the work load, or do I need to find a relay kit in addition to that??
Tom
It would take a load off the headlight switch if you did put the proper relays in.
Try Rallylights.com for kits/info.
Tom
partwerks
QUOTE(Tom @ Dec 20 2012, 05:31 PM) *

It would take a load off the headlight switch if you did put the proper relays in.
Try Rallylights.com for kits/info.
Tom

Well, if I understood him right, my electrician said, that maybe a person could find a junk relay and use the sockets on it and retrofit a rectangular relay to it if there is room above the fuse block for clearance? Adapt the new to the old?
ClayPerrine
If you want to add a relay in front of the headlights, jwest makes a kit for the 911. You just need to add a longer wire to the battery.

Takes the load off the headlight switch, and puts it on the readily replaceable square Bosch relays.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.