Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Willow this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Pre Grid
Howard
Nice 6
Howard
Andy doing his thing. Had some good runs, but broke axle bolts later.
Brad Roberts
Was this "streets" of Willow ??

B
Howard
Somebody say NASCAR?
Howard
All due respect to type IV's, a 3.6 sure looks good. Goes like a bat.
Howard
The F word. Yes, kids, a real F40. Will this fit in my car?
Brad Roberts
Damn.. Varioram 3.6 at that... what is with SoCal and the Chalon body kits ??LOL

B
Howard
Not your Dad's Pantera
Brad Roberts
Help me out Howard... the Pantera shot is Willows "big track" but all the others are the small track.

B
Howard
As much fun as you can have without a 914. 944 spec. Cars are really identical
drew365
Yes this was at the Streets. Major turnout, I had to pit 1/2 mile away. I got to instruct in a GT3 and M3. Good time had by all.
Howard
Boys at play. Steve and Rick
Howard
Wheeeeeeeeeee!
Howard
What's that behind me??? How to intimidate a Mister 2. Mister 2 beat him!!
drew365
Pantera's and Ferrari's were on the big track. We had quite an assortment at the Streets. A 275 GTB cruised our paddock in the a.m. before heading on to the big track, what a sound!
Howard
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 07:37 PM)
Help me out Howard... the Pantera shot is Willows "big track" but all the others are the small track.

B

Good eye. Food guy didn't show up at Streets so had to go to big track for lunch. F40 was there with the Pantera club.
Howard
i typ 2 slo
Brad Roberts
The guy with the brown 911 needs to go back to Hergeshiester and get larger rear torsion bars or a larger rear sway bar...LOL

Thanks for the pics Howard. Great shots.

B
Howard
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 07:47 PM)
The guy with the brown 911 needs to go back to Hergeshiester and get larger rear torsion bars or a larger rear sway bar...LOL

B

You're welcome. I think he spells that differently biggrin.gif

And another 914 club member, driving a student's GT3 (same one?) looped it biggrin.gif

And 914's handle very well in the dirt. Don't ask me how I know icon8.gif
drew365
And 914's handle very well in the dirt. Don't ask me how I know  

I can tell you why you know. You apexed too early. We were right behind you when you went off. Good save though. smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Ha ha... Howard you are a trip.. clap56.gif nice to know ANDY luped a GT3 happy11.gif If you never spin a car... you will never know its limit.

B
drew365
Hold on partner, lets not let rumors get started. I had the GT3 saturday, an unnamed (Steve Z.) had him Sunday and reportedly showed him what not to do.
Brad Roberts
Ok.. So Drew spun the car and SteveZ. taught him to drive... got it. LOL

I swear POC sounds like more fun since the "cleansing"

B
Howard
I was trying really hard not to name names here...

POC is kinda like the 914club with bigger egos and checkbooks. The Pantera club is NUCKING FUTZ!
campbellcj
Hmmm, for some reason the images are not all showing up again (I can see 2 pics, that's it).

Anyways glad to hear it was a fun weekend at SOW/WSIR and hopefully no major carnage or problems. I spent the weekend assembling furniture and helping to lay flooring at wifey's new office. sawzall-smiley.gif Damn it's gonna be a schweet office but I didn't realize how BIG until yesterday. We must be nucking futz too! wub.gif

I wanted to at least fire up the 914 and drive a couple miles today but no dice...maybe next weekend.
Brad Roberts
Hum.. I can see all the pics no issue.

B
rhodyguy
frequently, in threads with numerous pictures, i also get the little boxes with a red x. is this a dialup issue? when this happens some avatars have the same effect. l like the bug, but i'm unsure about the rivs <_< . how do you finnish the rear edge of the sail panel to get that smooth look like the red 6?

kevin
Howard
And one more thing. Cleared trip odo and filled tank before I left the house. Put on 273 miles. Round trip is 220, futzed around for another 10, so 43ish on track. Took 11.8 gal to fill. Better than 23mpg. Are these great cars or what?
seanery
Kevin, yes that is a dialup issue....right click on the red box if it does it again and click "Show Picture" it will load that picture individually.
ppickerell
What is the drive time from the East Bay to Willows with a car and a trailer?
seanery
Mapquest says Pleasanton to Rosamond is 328 miles and 5 hours 4 minutes, pulling a trailer it may be accurate. I'm always faster than mapquest though. When I lived in Redondo Beach (LA) it took me an hour and a half (depending on traffic could be 2 hours).
ppickerell
Seanery, thanks. 6 Hrs with pee breaks! Doable. Next Season!
seanery
we drove from LaLa Land to Laguna, so it's definetely doable.
campbellcj
Apparently Firefox RC1.0 does not like some of the pics.

If I try to access the URL of one of the pics manually, I get this --

The image “http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-2-1099884949.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

IE 6 works OK though...
campbellcj
Not that 99.99% of you guys care...but Firefox 1.0 (final) came out today and it loads the images on this thread just fine mueba.gif
seanery
THANK GOODNESS!!! ohmy.gif

j/k Chris biggrin.gif
Laura
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 07:47 PM)

B

Hey !! That car is a "work in progress" project for the owner!! He has no rear sway bar with soft spring rates, and a front bar that's too big. He's like many - progressing within a budget.

What's with the hergeawhat??
HERGESHEIMER - common spelling

We all enjoyed a great weekend at the Streets.

Laura
Hergesheimer MotorSports
Laura
Question for Brad,

What is the significance of using Richard's car for your avatar? A friend of his?
Brad Roberts
The name was actually semi typo...couldnt speel it... no harm no foul biggrin.gif

No significance on the avitar... I was at Parade..shot the pic... liked the paint scheme. One of the few who "dared to be different" with his white cup car.

B
Brad Roberts
Glad someone pointed you to the BBS.. It lets me know "people are watching" ninja.gif

B
Laura
Brad,
People are watching! Someone called me about your post, and said I had better take a look.
I look at this board occassionally, we have a 914 that we built for the kids to track, and we work on them here in the shop. The little white one in the first picture of this post is my son driving.

Yes, Richard was a bit different in his choice of graphics for the Cup ar. When he first suggested that a couple of years ago, everyone told him flames would look out of place. Being a Mopar muscle car and Porsche enthusiast he went ahead and it does look sharp.
SLITS
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 08:47 PM)

B

Hmmm, I think it was the rear spoiler providing to much downforce <_<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.