Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Under The Tree For Your Teener?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
t collins
I'll start with the new 914-6 GT alloy calipers from Eric santa_smiley.gif
"Nice work Santa"

Click to view attachment

scotty b
not much happy11.gif
Elliot Cannon
I'll be getting those as well, plus "S" calipers and vented rotors front and rear for the 5 lug conversion so I can mount these.
strawman
Click to view attachment

Yeah, yeah I know... Harbor Freight sucks. But I've posted on Craigslist for two weeks looking for a higher-quality stud welder / dent puller that won't break my bank, and I only had one flake respond (some sort of Prince from Nigeria). I also know to not expect much from the included HF slide hammer; I plan to weld an old pair of vise grips to it. It is on sale for $99, so I jumped on it today during lunch.
URY914
I bought a -8 from the Porsche factory. My wife and daughter have been sold to pay for it. Stay tuned for the install thread. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Woody
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 20 2012, 07:40 PM) *

I bought a -8 from the Porsche factory. My wife and daughter have been sold to pay for it. Stay tuned for the install thread. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Looks heavy. poke.gif
Woody
The ones on the right. The ones on the left are last years Christmas present.

Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 20 2012, 03:11 PM) *
not much
IPB Image
happy11.gif
If I could have been able to afford the shipping, I could say that slap.gif

Oh well, I guess the cars will have to settle for some nice little rubber thingies from 914rubber.com biggrin.gif

Got some door strike rebuild kits for an early 911 and a 912 too ...
Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
No tree, nothing under said no tree. Nothing for any of my cars nor for me either. In fact, I have not been to a store,bought anything for anybody and have no plans to do so. Not even for myself.

Thanks Mr. President slap.gif
Black22
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 20 2012, 07:36 PM) *

WTF.gif IBTL!!!
Woody
QUOTE(Black22 @ Dec 20 2012, 09:53 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 20 2012, 07:36 PM) *

WTF.gif IBTL!!!

agree.gif ILBT!!!!

Woody
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 20 2012, 09:36 PM) *

No tree, nothing under said no tree. Nothing for any of my cars nor for me either. In fact, I have not been to a store,bought anything for anybody and have no plans to do so. Not even for myself.

No tree here either. Being single has it's advantages.
euro911
Here's the perfect tree for apartment dwellers -

Small

Inexpensive

Doesn't drop needles

Smells like a pine tree

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
My Christmas present will be getting my #@!^ing car back after way too loooooooooong in the shop! Iff'n that actually happens...
RiceNeck
The toy makers at Tangerine Racing will be delivering an exhaust system and ITG air filters to my house real soon, I will post up pictures when they arrive. Click to view attachment
tod914
The jackstand that's holding up the tree.
Dasnowman
I bought a mig welder from PrincessAuto on sale for $170 think its Cdn version of Harbour frt? Also picked up a multi tool with a scraper for getting off under coating and floor boards... Wife is picking up either a spray gun or some more socket sets for x-mas.
balljoint
I'm giving my car a coupon for one free back rub. unsure.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 20 2012, 10:36 PM) *

Without getting political, can you say what kind of work you do, and if you would relocate?

Large group here that may dig up some new leads for you.

Rich
JawjaPorsche
My daughter is getting me a new shifter knob......I hope! smile.gif
SLITS
Me!

No lock ... he didn't mention which President nor which country .... no harm no foul!
Andyrew
Only thing im aware of is a full leather track suit for my motorcycle.. I guess it relates as the motorcycle parks right behind the 914..
914Eric
Baby came home this year and has been very good. Lots of presents under the tree for her:

Bilstein shocks
4 Brake caliper restorations
2 emergency brake cable boots
MPS diaphram replacement kit
All new fuel lines
All new vacuum lines
New plugs, points, wires, etc...
4 new injectors and new seals for each
Complete new set of fuel injection parts
Throttle and clutch cable
4 new tires

I know...I'm spoiling her!
JawjaPorsche
Damn! You have been a good boy! Santa is bringing you a lot!
beerchug.gif

QUOTE(914Eric @ Dec 21 2012, 07:38 PM) *

Baby came home this year and has been very good. Lots of presents under the tree for her:

Bilstein shocks
4 Brake caliper restorations
2 emergency brake cable boots
MPS diaphram replacement kit
All new fuel lines
All new vacuum lines
New plugs, points, wires, etc...
4 new injectors and new seals for each
Complete new set of fuel injection parts
Throttle and clutch cable
4 new tires

I know...I'm spoiling her!

JRust
My new lift wouldn't fit under the tree & came a week early! Since it wouldn't fit under my tree. I thought it only fitting it goes under my 914 biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
A lot came in but nothing made it to the tree... All parts are in the garage waiting for installation...

The latest part is a Euro headlight switch for a Passat. It's going in the 914 and it has a rear fog lamp connection... biggrin.gif I'm swapping most of the original 914 switches out...

Then there was a new drill press, a Boxster short shift kit, dual Howe pedals, really too much to list...
euro911
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 21 2012, 07:10 PM) *
My new lift wouldn't fit under the tree & came a week early! Since it wouldn't fit under my tree. I thought it only fitting it goes under my 914 biggrin.gif
I see you already love it piratenanner.gif
TravisNeff
biggrin.gif
RiceNeck
The Tangerine Racing package arrived today.
I guess I'll open it on Christmas.
Click to view attachment
sixaddict
All my money went to redoing the transmission 3 times...UNO, dos, tres WTF.gif
Oh ......still got used K& N filter ....thank you Santa evil bay for a buck twenty two but for other car santa_smiley.gif
turk22
Coco Mats !!

Click to view attachment
Bills914-4
It's not under the tree, but it's in the mail , a Custom Grind PAUTER Cam
(bigger more dur. evilgrin.gif ) Mrs. Santa picked up the tab santa_smiley.gif , it's for a future rebuild ( probably start next month ) Bill D. , HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(WLD419 @ Dec 25 2012, 01:43 PM) *

It's not under the tree, but it's in the mail , a Custom Grind PAUTER Cam
(bigger more dur. evilgrin.gif ) Mrs. Santa picked up the tab santa_smiley.gif , it's for a future rebuild ( probably start next month ) Bill D. , HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL

Very cool Bill! Hope you post pics of that, though I have no idea why you would ever tear apart such a work of art! smile.gif
aircooledtechguy
I musta been REALLY nice and not known it. Santa brought me 2 GoPro Hero3s this year!! Can't wait to go for a drive. . . driving.gif
t collins
Well, are you going to tell us what's in the box? confused24.gif popcorn[1].gif

quote name='RiceNeck' date='Dec 22 2012, 03:20 PM' post='1788651']
The Tangerine Racing package arrived today.
I guess I'll open it on Christmas.
Click to view attachment
[/quote]
RiceNeck
itg air filters and tangerine racing exhaust
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Michael N
QUOTE(RiceNeck @ Dec 26 2012, 04:46 PM) *

itg air filters and tangerine racing exhaust
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Those pipes are sure purty. drooley.gif
RiceNeck
These two items bring my car a little closer to being optimized for what it was built for.
I still want to add an accusump and that will pretty much complete the car.
Then I can stop the bleeding, money wise that is, and hopefully keep it running in 2013 and make all planned events.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.