Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pcv valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I don't think I have a pcv valve on my 2.0 djet . Are we using them and who sells them?
gunny
QUOTE(914itis @ Dec 21 2012, 01:06 AM) *

I don't think I have a pcv valve on my 2.0 djet . Are we using them and who sells them?

I was wondering the same this. I have a 1976 2.0 DJet with no Pcv. Last night I was checking all of my sensors for correct resistance, voltage and ability to hold a vacuum when I noticed that I do not have a Pvc valve. Is this normal for a 1976? My hose runs from the Oil fill cover to the side of my air cleaner box so it doesn't affect the vacuum.
SLITS
Your PCV valve is on the oil filler .... it's the thingy on the oil filler where the hose connects to the plenum via the "stacked elbow".

That said, most are connected to the air cleaner (not stock).

76-914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 21 2012, 05:57 AM) *

Your PCV valve is on the oil filler .... it's the thingy on the oil filler where the hose connects to the plenum via the "stacked elbow".

That said, most are connected to the air cleaner (not stock).

at the risk of embarrassing myself by questioning one of our poke.gif Oracles, I don't think the 75-76 used the stacked elbow. hide.gif
76-914
QUOTE(914itis @ Dec 21 2012, 01:06 AM) *

That's a damned good question. I lucked out and found an NOS one but I had the same question as you before that. Is there an inline one that could be substituted? There must be different sizes depending upon the engine.
SLITS
I don't do '75 or '76 and can't remember smoke.gif

The L-Jet doesn't .. it's just a big hole in the oil filler.

Early has mesh underneath that acts like a valve ...

'73 - '74 has a wafer in the hole .. can't remember if it is spring loaded.

I am unable to look at any parts as I am floating in space due to gravity reversal smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif

And I could be totally wrong .... not the first time, but certainly the last as the world has ended ............................................................
914Sixer
PCV valve is in the oil filler tube on the 73,74 D Jet. I do not know about the 75-76 because of the air injection plumbing. See pictures
tod914
No pcv on the 75 76 2.0s. Sometimes you can get alittle blow back into the air filter being it does not have one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.