Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel leak help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
last337
Okay so I changed out fuel pump and re routed everything underneath but I'm still leaking on both sides of fuel pump. Should I use Teflon tape on this? Why am I still leaking?

Click to view attachment

Mike Bellis
Yes you need Teflon tape. In fact there is special gas rated tape you "should" use. But, the regular stuff will work. Make sure you wrap it the correct way of it will come off as you screw it together.
Rand
Wait..... I'd like to see better shots of the barbs you are clamping to.

I won't disagree with Mike, he knows his shit. Maybe I'm missing something.....

But no way in hell would I rely on teflon tape to prevent a gas leak that shouldn't be happening if the clamps and barbs are right (the ends than you are clamping the fuel line over).

I don't use teflon tape on my fuel hose connections, have never needed to, and am not going to start. I would fix it with better connection surfaces, not band aids. And if you work with Injection pressure in the future, I add a 1000x importance to my point.

[EDIT] I was thinking of hose that gets pushed over a piece of metal tubing and clamped tight. If you are talking about leaking from threaded fittings, my bad, that's another matter. [/EDIT]
Cap'n Krusty
NEVER "Teflon" tape. If you're gonna use anything, use "Teflon" paste, available anywhere plumbing supplies are sold. Keeps the little bits and pieces from floating around to places you don't want 'em to be. Rectorseal is probably better, but it's harder to find.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.