Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BOB WOOD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-6racer
Hi Guys,
I know this is a long shot---we were over at Laguna Seca in 1998 for the historics where we met Bob Wood and a great bunch of 914 people and were treated to rides around the circuit i some very neat cars.

I'm just having a clearout in my den and have come across some photos that Bob sent us after the event which triggered me into trying to locate hime.
He was living in Davidson Way, Boulder Creek CA 95006 back then-----does anyone know his present whereabouts ?

Whilst we were at the historics we were given some great treasures including badges, earings, jackets and denim shirts----------what a really nice bunch of dudes.

Anyway if anyone can help please let me know

All the best

Ian MacMath

ian@porsche9146.freeserve.co.uk
JeffBowlsby
Bob passed away about 10-12 years ago. His Tangerine 914/6 is now owned by member Mike Ginter 'Gint' in Colorado.
914-6racer
Thanks for that Jeff I had suspected that that would possibly be the case, he was a great guy, sad.gif sad.gif : ..........maybe I should really make an effort to keep in contact with "nice" people when I meet them.
Have a good festive time

Ian
gms
Hello Ian,
I remember meeting you at the historics, you had/have a white 914/6 rally car right?
Ian Stott
You have a great name! Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year. I am the first one in my family born in Canada!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Gint
The thread title got my attention. I have a pic here somewhere.
Gint
RIP Bob.

Click to view attachment
914-6racer
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 22 2012, 09:29 PM) *

Hi guys
sorry to take so long in replying, I have been overly busy in past couple of years and neglected the most important things--play time.

I think I'm now a bit sorted so will get back to enjoying life.
Thanks everyone for your relpies.
Sad to hear Bob has gone--he was a great guy--RIP Bob.
Glad to hear his old car is still alive and well.
We are going to Rennsport in September, any of you guys going ?

Yes I've still got my 914-6 race car plus my Crayford RHD --which hasn't turned a wheel since 2002. but I am endevoring to use in next month for a special Crayford day here in UK.

Just finished building my self a garage to store my cars---10m x 25m !!!
Will try to upload a picture or 2 that shows the garage plus some of my model 914s

Regards
Ian from UK
01264 710929
ian@porsche9146.freeserve.co.ukIPB Image
EdwardBlume
I'll be at Rennsport Reunion. Look for either Dad's car (WWII vet) or the ABM in the 914 coral. Cheers!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 21 2015, 07:09 AM) *

I'll be at Rennsport Reunion. Look for either Dad's car (WWII vet) or the ABM in the 914 coral. Cheers!

I'll be there too, look forwRd to a large 914 turnout.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.