Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Later doors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
r3dplanet
Hi there. A few months back I was trying to find a pair of later (>'73) doors to retrofit onto my '71. A few trips were made, some photos were exchanged, some hilarious adventures resulted. But, no doors.

So my winter project is to find a very (!) nice set of later doors that I can pretty much paint signal orange and go. I'll also need the internals, glass, etc.

I know it sounds pushy, but I'm not after a set with dents, rust along the bottom seam, etc.

Part of this is secretly that I want to get out of Portland for a while. So I'll drive to NoCal, Reno, etc. Otherwise perhaps Greyhound shipping.

Thanks,
Marcus
B2524
I have 2 pairs of doors I think you will like.
Located just south of San Jose.
No rust.
All internal parts are there.
r3dplanet
Fabulous. Can you post or send some photos?

914LIVE
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Dec 22 2012, 05:58 PM) *

Hi there. A few months back I was trying to find a pair of later (>'73) doors to retrofit onto my '71. A few trips were made, some photos were exchanged, some hilarious adventures resulted. But, no doors.

So my winter project is to find a very (!) nice set of later doors that I can pretty much paint signal orange and go. I'll also need the internals, glass, etc.

I know it sounds pushy, but I'm not after a set with dents, rust along the bottom seam, etc.

Part of this is secretly that I want to get out of Portland for a while. So I'll drive to NoCal, Reno, etc. Otherwise perhaps Greyhound shipping.

Thanks,
Marcus

===========================================================

Good evening.

I have a pair of RUST-FREE / STRAIGHT doors (late) in Portland, Oregon.

Thank you, TOMAS.

===========================================================
A&PGirl
I have all the new hardware and door panel clips you'll need. I don't have anything up on my website, but I have several partials lying around.
r3dplanet
*bump*

Still looking for late doors in excellent condition. Please do not respond if you're not going to post photos or links of what you have. I'm surprised at the number of 0-post lurkers who won't respond to queries.

Thanks,
Marcus
tpenney23
Hey Marcus. I have the glass (full and 1/4) for both sides, and most of the internals. The actual doors have some rust, but not terrible. Didn't know if some of the pieces would help. Just let me know and I can send you what I have. Thanks.

Tom
r3dplanet
Hi Tom. Thanks for offering. I also have many sets of doors, glass, and internals. From time to time somebody posts a set of NOS or excellent later doors because they want the lower-weight early doors. I really need to hold out for doors that I don't have to bring to a body guy for repair.

Thanks!

QUOTE(tpenney23 @ Jan 1 2013, 03:32 PM) *

Hey Marcus. I have the glass (full and 1/4) for both sides, and most of the internals. The actual doors have some rust, but not terrible. Didn't know if some of the pieces would help. Just let me know and I can send you what I have. Thanks.

Tom

tpenney23
No problem. If you don't find them, let me know. My plan is to restore them, just haven't gotten around to doing it. Thanks for the reply.

Tom
ConeDodger
There is a nice set available locally here in Reno. I think the ad for them is here if you do a search. This is the car that they came off of...
ConeDodger
Here it is. The guy's name is Doug Driver. I sold him the wheels on the car and he is a stand up guy. For some gas money, I can probably get them closer to you. I go to Sonoma to Original Customs quite often and Jamie Rust who lives up in Oregon comes down to Original Customs from time to time...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=Doors+for+sale
B2524
here are pictures of one set of my doors.
sorry for being tardy, i have a life.
r3dplanet
I'll pass on those. Thanks anyway.
teamgravy
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Jan 2 2013, 09:00 PM) *

I have some from a 74 that are in great shape. no rust includes all internals, latches and no dents (I will have to confirm this but last time I looked, paint would be all they need), the catch is... I live in Austin Texas. Want to pay shipping? Will get some pics tomorrow/this weekend to ya.

-Daryl
r3dplanet
I lived in Austin for a semester. It must be sunny about now. Never mind the shipping, I'll jump in my car.

Pics would be great!

QUOTE(teamgravy @ Jan 2 2013, 09:47 PM) *

I have some from a 74 that are in great shape. no rust includes all internals, latches and no dents (I will have to confirm this but last time I looked, paint would be all they need), the catch is... I live in Austin Texas. Want to pay shipping? Will get some pics tomorrow/this weekend to ya.

-Daryl

teamgravy
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Jan 3 2013, 11:28 AM) *

I lived in Austin for a semester. It must be sunny about now. Never mind the shipping, I'll jump in my car.

Pics would be great!

QUOTE(teamgravy @ Jan 2 2013, 09:47 PM) *

-Daryl

Finally got some pics of the doors, man they are heavy when loaded with all the internals and glass.

They have light surface rust on the bottom edge of the door and a little on the hinge where it bolts to the frame. Handles, glass, inside panels (missing one arm rest handle or cover I believe ) but in good shape all around.

Not sure what these are worth, make me an offer if you're interested.Click to view attachment
more pics here: http://imageshack.us/g/1/9959305/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.