Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weber 40s?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
last337
Well after fighting this weird carb (i think it is off either a Toyota 20r or 7k motor) I have decided to bite the bullet and get some webers. My question is which should I get and where? I have seen so many different distributors and various kits. I'd like to ensure I get everything I need and also get a quality product. This is for a 2.0 liter and I am assuming (although not sure) that it has stock cam.

Any help is appreciated.
BKLA
I bought a empi hpmx kit and have been very happy with them. got the whole kit for around $650 as I recall.

i'm using them on a rebuilt 1975 1.8 with stock cam. Used tangerine racing fuel pump kit as well as thier replacement fuel lines.

runs sweet and I get relatively decent mileage.
mrbubblehead
i would recommend buying a used set off the samba/craigs list. then buy tangerine racings dual carb pully kit with the money you save.
SirAndy
QUOTE(last337 @ Dec 22 2012, 05:37 PM) *
This is for a 2.0 liter and I am assuming (although not sure) that it has stock cam.

40 IDFs should get you running again ...
popcorn[1].gif
last337
QUOTE(BKLA @ Dec 22 2012, 08:00 PM) *

I bought a empi hpmx kit and have been very happy with them. got the whole kit for around $650 as I recall.

i'm using them on a rebuilt 1975 1.8 with stock cam. Used tangerine racing fuel pump kit as well as thier replacement fuel lines.

runs sweet and I get relatively decent mileage.

What do you think of the empi carbs vs webers? Have you had any issues? The reviews I've seen are pretty good for empi especially considering price.
r_towle
I don't think you can buy new webers anymore, so the empi kit is a redone setup with decent reviews.
Either you buy new from empi, or you can buy rebuilt units online or from Art Thraen.

Rich
last337
Well the empi kits are very affordable on eBay. I may go that route. Is the tangerine pulley system worth the money? Does it really make syncing the carbs easier?
last337
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 23 2012, 07:49 AM) *

I don't think you can buy new webers anymore, so the empi kit is a redone setup with decent reviews.
Either you buy new from empi, or you can buy rebuilt units online or from Art Thraen.

Rich

Aren't the carbs from redline new webers? I thought they were just a weber distributor?
FourBlades
QUOTE(last337 @ Dec 23 2012, 07:11 AM) *

Well the empi kits are very affordable on eBay. I may go that route. Is the tangerine pulley system worth the money? Does it really make syncing the carbs easier?

Yes. I had the hex bar and switched. The hex bar is a pain to sync and it loosens up easily.

John
BKLA
I'm still using the hex bar system that came with the kit, but may plan to replace sometime in the future. budget vs driving time was my initial factor. the hpmx carbs look just like webers and use all the same jets etc. if cost wasn't a criteria, I'd have purchased A set of webers redone by Art.

I do check my linkage after about 500 miles, tho.
JRust
I've got a good used set of Weber 44IDF's. I'll send you a PM on them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.