Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC- Electrical Q's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smrz914
Well i'm looking for a small switch that will turn on a relay like the one in the link. I need a normally open switch that will stay closed untill there is no more power going through it. For example, I want the switch to turn off when I shut off my car. I hope this makes sense. What are these types of switches called. Thanks

http://relays.tycoelectronics.com/datashee...ets/134-VF4.pdf
smrz914
Would this work? The 12v source is switched so it should turn off when I turn the car off.
914GT
Just take a regular relay and connect the relay's coil between ground and the ignition switch (like your coil + terminal if in the engine compartment). Then connect the N.O. terminals between the battery and your load. This way your ignition switch can handle a large current load.
smrz914
My roommate called his brother and he sent me the following circuit diagram. I tested it out and it does work. It's a latching relay circuit. The relay I used is from radioshack (PN# 275-226), which is a 12V 30A SPST automotive relay that has 1/4 inch terminals. I thought I would include this if people wanted to know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.